6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 7:31 PM by Bob123

Flash Player 14.0 installer failure:  Seriously????

rich alderson

I have tried for weeks to update to 14.0, receiving cryptic failure messages ("failed to register").

I uninstalled 13.<mumble> via the Windows control panel and attempted to install 14.0, which

still failed. Hrmph.

Today, a page I really need to see requires Flash Player, so I let IE try again. This time around,

I got the message

Error '1041': No further information is available.

So I tried to find a support number, and got referred to this forum instead. A search on "error 1041"

in the forum shows discussions going back to version 11.<mumble> along with people still seeing

uninformative error messages.

If I supported my products this way, I would be asking customers "You want fries with that?" in very

short order.

Yes, I've tried all the suggestions (no, Task Manager does not show any Flash-related processes;

no, there is no earlier version of Flash Player on this system; no, I've been using computers since

1969 and have no patience with nonsense so I won't wave a chicken over my head in the dark of the

moon).

Has anyone had any success with installing 14.0????  What did you do to succeed?