1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2007 11:05 AM by Applied CD

Shockwave having trouble with multidimensional list data structure

Applied CD Level 1
      I’ve got the following fairly simple code. Shockwave throws a non-descript runtime error and quits on glTireData[symbol(myBrandSymbol)].count() and I’m sure it would have trouble with the next line if it ever got to it. The code works fine in a standard projector and also in the authoring environment. I’ve peeked at the variables using the debugger and everything is as it should be, a short example follows (the full glTireData data structure is much larger but this is an example of the format):

myBrand = “Firestone”
      myBrandSymbol = “Firestone”
      glTireData = [#Firestone[#FD690PLUS[#tireBrand:”Firestone”,#tireDesign:”FD690 PLUS”,#feFactor:169.35, etc…]]]
        • 1. Re: Shockwave having trouble with multidimensional list data structure
          Applied CD Level 1
          My bad ... the original project used PrintOMatic and I had already removed all POM functions (we knew it wasn't shockwave safe) except I overlooked the xtra registration in the startMovie handler ... just below the registration code was the code to load my tire data structure ... apparently the registration code was halting the startMovie handler before the data structure loaded, simply removing the reg code cured the problem.