• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserted javascript disappear when switch from HTML to Design view.

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm currently working with RoboHelp 9 (haven't been able to convince the powers that be to invest in an upgrade). I'm inserting a javascript reference to my topic so that I can link directly to drop-down text. It works fine when I insert the script reference into the topic head and test it when I am in HTML view. But when I switch to Design View it gets deleted from my HTML. I find that strange since I haven't even recompiled the project. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

So you are linking to a DHTML drop-down? Or have you created drop-down text using some other method?

Generally speaking, sometimes we do find that RoboHelp tries to be helpful like a three year old when you have made edits to the HTML and switch back to Design view.

We need more information though to help. For example, exactly how you created the drop-down text and whatnot.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the link_to_dropdown.js script by Wvan Weelden that Peter Grainge linked to on his site. I think I may have it working now, though I haven't tried to publish yet. At least I can switch from HTML to Design without having it stripped out at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp