13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 10:21 AM by Drjohn08318

Lr4: Cannot import, stops at "copy and import"

wesleyaster

I have been having trouble importing photos to Lightroom 4 this past week and was hoping for some help fixing the problem. Here are the details:

I am working with Lightroom 4.4 on a 15 inch Macbook Pro late 2013. I am shooting with a 5D Mark III and have not had problems in the past with this setup.

I can no longer successfully import photos from my SD card or my pictures folder to Lightroom. These are the steps that I take and where the import process stops working:

1. Open Lightroom, click the import button in the lower left corner

2. Select my SD card from Devices, check the photos that I would like to import, and click import

3. This is as far as I get; the upper corner reads "Copy and import photos" with a progress bar below it that never fills. The center of the screen reads "Importing files..."

I can successfully import photos from my desktop. I can also import photos from my SD card to my desktop.

I have had this problem for about a week. I have not changed any settings between when it was working and when it stopped working.

I have not been able to find any reports of similar problems when searching online. I read an article that recommended moving the com.adobe.lightroom4.plist file from my computer but that file is missing/does not exist on my computer.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or have any advice as to how to resolve it? Thank you!