3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 12:54 PM by ssprengel

camera raw stuck 8.3 on mac ps cc 2014

StuartALee

I have seen on the forum that some other users are stuck with earlier versions of camera raw, and there is brute force solution for windows. How do I solve the same problem for mac?

I have PS CS6, PS CC, PS CC 2014. PS6 updated correctly, but neither of CC or CC 2014 would. Lightroom seems ok. Update from within app shows all up to date. CC panel shows all apps up to date. Downloaded DNG converter and camera raw manually. It installed ok, but no update to CC or CC2014.

Windows answer copied below.

3. Re: Can't get latest version of Camera Raw.  Stuck at 8.3.0.141 - spent an hour on CHAT but they apparently accidently disconnected session.

EggiCommunity Member

OK, that did it for me as well.

Download link for Windows is http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0/8.5.50/setup.zip

The Installer didn't work, so I unzipped the file. You can find the Camera Raw plugins in the sub-directories:

32-bit version:

- > payloads/AdobeCameraRaw8.0All-050614141453/Assets1_1.zip

extract file "1003" and rename it to "Camera Raw.8bi"

copy it to c:/Program Files (x86)/Common/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats/CameraRaw.8bi (previous CameraRaw is overwritten, you should copy old version to a save place first)

64-bit version:

- > payloads/AdobeCameraRaw8.0All-x64-050614143245/Assets1_1.zip

extract file "1002" and rename it to "Camera Raw.8bi"

copy it to c:/Program Files/Common/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats/CameraRaw.8bi (previous CameraRaw is overwritten, you should copy old version to a save place first)

Start Photoshop CC and open a RAW file to be sure it's ok now.