2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2014 9:13 AM by A.T. Romano

PE12 rendering taking hours

muellerlite

I just completed a 2:20 length video.  When I click publish & share and select any of the options, the rendering process begins at two hours and continues to go up.  I know this is wrong so I just cancel the process.  What could I be doing wrong or is this a common issue?@

• 1. Re: PE12 rendering taking hours
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Wrong or not depends on a LOT of variables... and a strict 1-to-1 ratio is VERY RARE

What is your exact computer hardware (you do not try and race a Ford truck against a Ferrari... and if you have a slow computer, you need a lot of time)

What effects have you applied to your video?

Are you converting a HiDef edit file to a Standard Definition output file or DVD?

• 2. Re: PE12 rendering taking hours
            A.T. Romano Level 7

muellerlite

Lots to define here. Please excuse the questions, but I do not want to take anything for granted.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on and have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet?

What is the Timeline duration "2:20"

a. Two minutes and 20 seconds

or

b. Two hours and twenty minutes

And, of course, the typical questions about

a. Project preset

b. Properties of Source Media

c. Titles, Transitions, and Effects applied to Timeline media. Video Stabilizer is notorious for extended Timeline render time.

d. Intended Export

e, and so on.

I am understanding that you say that you have tried various export choices. But, for troubleshooting

purposes, I think it would expedite matters if we stayed with one choice and worked through its export

details. Typically .wmv export/render times are longer than other export choices.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what is normal or not.

Thanks.

ATR