4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2014 4:02 AM by john_2

Color question

john_2 Level 1

What should I do so that all my footage's colors turn to pure black, except colors that meet certain arbitrary criteria, like e.g. have luminosity above a certain threshold?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Color question
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Any number of channel and adjustment effects combined or things like Leave Color, but really, your question is too broad and generic. You will have to be much more specific and provide sample screenshots and a proper explanation since e.g. "luminosity" itself is a completely arbitrary thing.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Color question
            john_2 Level 1

[Any image will do.]

Details: all the colors in the image should become black (not grayscale, pure black) except the colors in the range:

HSB 0, 0, 87 to HSB 0, 0, 100.

• 3. Re: Color question
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The simple Threshold or CC threshold effects that come with AE will give you that. You will just have to convert the percentages to absolute values and dial them in.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Color question
                john_2 Level 1

Mylenium wrote:

The simple Threshold or CC threshold effects that come with AE will give you that.

Mylenium

It partially worked.

I obtained pure black from every color except the ones in the specified HSB range.

But the colors in that range became pure white, whereas I needed them to remain unaffected (with their original values).

Any way to do that?