7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 11:34 AM by A.T. Romano

how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc

7edd7

have an old elements 8 on old pc.  cant find package with disc, how do i download to new pc.  Adobe shows my purchase as registered in 2009

• 1. Re: how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Moving to Premiere Elements forum

• 3. Re: how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc
            A.T. Romano Level 7

7edd7

The links provided in a previous thread will get you nowhere. Please read further for details.

If you purchased an installation disc with serial number for Premiere Elements 8 from Adobe or an authorized reseller,

you can find your product registration with serial number listed at Adobe web site under your Adobe ID and "Products". If you click on

Premiere Elements 8 under "Products", the serial number will be displayed.

But, I do not believe there is any expectation of getting installation files from Adobe under "Orders" since you purchased as

installation disc and not installation files from an online download.

There is a web site that continues to offer older Premiere Elements tryouts which you can download, install, and into which you can insert your purchased serial number and then use that install as your working copy. But, that web site has the tryouts for  ONLY 9, 10, 11, and 12. John's links for Premiere Elements 8 installation longer exist. Premiere Elements 8 Content is still available online, but that is not going to get you anywhere since you need to install the program before the Content.

So, at this point, you may be able to gather your serial number, but I am not seeing anyway you are going to get installation material with installation disc or installation files. It looks like you are facing buying another serial number with installation material if you want to use Premiere Elements 8.0 on any other computer.

Please let us know the outcome.

ATR

• 4. Re: how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc
              7edd7 Level 1

very helpful

I note that Adobe is hard to get to (no phone no email).  So for now I'll

see if i can live with windows movie maker.  If not then I'll pay.

Thank you

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc
                A.T. Romano Level 7

7edd7

Thanks for the follow up.

I think that I should add...Adobe is selling only online download of current version 12. Authorized resellers can get you the boxed package with comes with installation disc. But how many of them have Premiere Elements 8 in stock is a concern. Most likely find may be at Amazon.

The Windows Movie Maker 2012 supports a .mp4 as well as .wmv export; whereas  earlier versions offered only the .wmv export. If you have specifically Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit, the Windows Movie Maker 2012 offers a new Video Stabilizer feature, if you are interested in Video Stabilization.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 6. Re: how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc
                  7edd7 Level 1

Thanks again for the spot on answer.

It turns out Windows movie maker cannot operate a tape driven camcorder so that sends me back to PE.  I assume that version 12 still operates these ancient but still working machines?

• 7. Re: how to transfer premier elements 8 to a new pc
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

7edd7

Thanks for the update.

When you were working with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 with your video editor(s), did you have the Premiere Elements Capture Window's AutoAnalzyer option unchecked? That is a must do. Also, for the DV data capture, did you use a firewire, not USB, connection. Firewire connection is another must do.

The AutoAnalzyer option in the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Capture Window for Add Media/DV Camcorder is gone. So, no worry there.

What computer operating system is on your new computer? I am assuming either Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

I would think that Windows Movie Maker could be used with a firewire connection for your DV captures. Was not any of the following applicable to

Movie Maker 2012 on your Windows 8?

Turn your old video into digital memories using Windows Live Movie Maker - Windows Help

If you do want to look at Premiere Elements 12 for the DV capture firewire, then please go the free 30 day tryout from Adobe before any purchase.

Please let us know if you have questions or need clarification on the above.

Thanks.

ATR