1 2 Previous Next 48 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 1:45 PM by A.T. Romano

No audio when rendering issue:

Ed'sAPE9

The resulting file on my computer  when I render my 22 minute video(with audio, soundtrack, and narration) has no "sound track audio.

The video and narration audio renders  but not the soundtrack. My Rendering settings: MPEG HD720p30 Frame.

My   computer info: HP Envy Touch Smart TS m6 Sleekbook Microprocessor: Intel 1.6GHz 4thgeneration Intel corei5-4200U Processor with Turbo boost up to 2.6 GHz 8G SDRAM Memory: 670 GB total, 133 used, 536 unused.

I have renderered shorter versions of the same video (with all the various audio) previously  with no problem. Got full video and sound .

FYI I did inadvertently click on "Disc Menus" on the APE9 dashboard with this video open. Although I got out of that window I did notice 2 little "light blue" small rectangle boxes now showing(not there previously) in the upper right hand corner of the the first scene.

Don't know if this has anything to do with anything.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks. Ed

• 1. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

You appear to be using Premiere Elements 9. If so, are you working from the 9.0.1 Update? And, on what computer operating system is it running? Even though your computer has 8 GB RAM installed, you probably have 3.2 to 3.0 or less available RAM which could leave open a consideration for your issue related to system resources. (Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of a 64 bit system and, as such, has the 32 bit application limitations (max supported installed RAM 4 GB of which 3.2 to 3.0 or less of that is available).

Before you start the MPEG HD720p30 export, what does the bottom of the export dialog show for the duration and estimated file size?

As for those blue boxes, did they look like what you see in the screenshot below?

blueboxes.JPG

In the Sceneline workspace, those blue boxes in Scene 1 represent the relative positions of imported media...If

you were to switch to the Timeline workspace, as per this example, you would see the Scene 1 picture is on Video Track 2

and directly below it on Video 1 is another photo that is being hidden by it.

I prefer the Timeline workspace since you can better see what is going on and thus have more control. Often things seen

in the Timeline workspace are not seen in the Sceneline workspace. It will get confusing if you toggle between the two

workspaces.

Please take a look at the project in the Timeline workspace to see what is going on, especially with the Soundtrack.

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
            Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks AT,

I am running APE9 9.0 not  the 9.01 update.

The O.S.I am running is:  Windows 8.1; 64bit, with a x64 based processor.

The Export shows:

Duration: 22Minutes; 23.0 seconds.

File size: 2567.1 MB

I switched to time line and deleted that hidden photo.

The Soundtrack, narration, and video audio portion all show as in place and in tack.

Ed

• 3. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

You really should work from the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update. You can find it in the project's Help Menu/Update or use the online download

which does not even require that the program be opened to install it.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

We can talk about that some more another time.

Right now I am zeroing in on computer resources.

Whether you are working from 9 or the 9.0.1 Update, your Premiere Elements is still a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer. So you are facing max supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3.2 or 3.0 or less of that are available. Your estimated twenty two minutes 2.5 GB MPEG HD 720p30 export may be stressing out the project.

Let us confirm...can the Soundtrack music be heard in the Edit area of the project before you export your Timeline content to the MPEG file? Assuming yes...

Are you using the default export settings under Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD 720p30 or customizing the export settings under the Advanced Button of the preset selected?

Let us try the following mini test to make sure we are going in the right direction on this...

a. Make copies of the project. File Menu/Save A Copy. Using one of the copies, cut the project in 1/2 and delete the second half of the project. Then determine if all the project's remaining content (video and audio) can be heard.

also with the other copy...

b. Replace the existing Soundtrack music with another music file? (What is the file extension and source of the Soundtrack music whose sound is lost in the export?)

Your results should give us good direction with planning troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks AT,

I will update to 9.01.

The Soundtrack music plays in the Edit area as part of the "movie project" before I export my Timeline content to the MPEG file.

I am using the default export settings under Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD 720p30.

I will preform the mini test you propose but let me ask this:

RE you are facing max supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3.2 or 3.0 or less of that are available. Your estimated twenty two minutes 2.5 GB MPEG HD 720p30 export may be stressing out the project.

Is there an edition of APE that is a 64 bit application that would eliminate the "stressing out the project" issue you talk about above?

Another Question, I edit the music for the "sound track in Audacity. Before I export the edited versions of the music to APE9, I add tittle tags at the end of the file such as(shortened version or 1 minute 6 second length etc).. Could doing that instead of having .wav at the end ( I create them as mp3s or .wav files) be an issue for the no audio result when rendering? if so, why  does the music play on APE9 as part of the movie.

Thanks again,

Ed

• 5. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks for the follow up.

When Premiere Elements 10, 11, or 12 is run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, Premiere Elements is a 64 bit application which can take advantage of the 64 bit computer resources.

Could you give a specific file name for one of the music files that you import into Premiere Elements?

How are you editing the soundtrack in Audacity? Is it just a matter of converting iTune's music to .mp3 or .wav or is more than that involved?

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                    Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks again AT,

I've gone ahead and ordered Adobe Premiere Elements 12(discs). I'm assuming that when I install, I will be able to pull up all saved projects from my Adobe Premiere Elements 9? Yes?

RE Audacity:

I don't import from ITUNES.

Typically, any music I edit(just shorten) in Audacity, I export to APE9 as  .wav files

Once exported, I open them up and listen usually  using Windows Media Files or HP Connected Music before I import to APE9. . Listening using the mentioned applications wouldn't effect their eventual rendering on from APE9 would it?

RE: Could you give a specific file name for one of the music files that you import into Premiere Elements?

example:2 .wav files I renamed in Audacity  and then exported to a file on my computer before I, in turn, imported to APE9:

"01 Kelly Clarkson - Stronger [What Doesn't Kill You] +refraun 3"

Another:

07 The Script Feat. will.i.am - Hall Of Fame +1min 17 sec

Again, they all play perfectly in APE9. It's only after I render that i don't hear them in the resulting rendered file I store in my computer.

RE Your question:What is the file extension and source of the Soundtrack music whose sound is lost in the export?

They are a combination of .wav and mp3 files

RE a. Make copies of the project. File Menu/Save A Copy. Using one of the copies, cut the project in 1/2 and delete the second half of the project. Then determine if all the project's remaining content (video and audio) can be heard.

I did the above with Copy 1.(I deleted the last 1/2) . Rendered results using the default export settings under Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD 720p30  was the same. No soundtrack.

I did it again with a copy 2 deleting all but the is 2 minutes. Got no soundtrack again.

I tried to delete the 1st 1/2 of the movie with Copy 3 but, for some reason, could not figure out how to do that. I deleted the last half on Copy 1 by simply cutting in 2 and then clicking, and dragging over the last half to highlight it ans then right clicked "delete" then save before rendering. On copy 2 in the time line it would not allow me to click, drag, highlight , and delete. Appreciate assistance on that.

Anyway, that is how far I have gotten.

Appreciate your feed back.

Ed

• 7. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 may or may not be your answer.

Is it possible today for you to download and install the free tryout of 12 from Adobe to determine if it is compatible with your computer environment and specifically if it has or has not this soundtrack issue. Then decide what to do with the Premiere Elements 12 disc purchase you seem to have in progress.

Projects created in version 9.0/9.0.1 may or may no open in Premiere Elements 12. They should, but no guarantees. When you try this, make a copy of the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project, and try to open the copy in version 12. Remember, projects created and edited in one version and then edited in a newer version cannot be opened and reedited in the older original version.

I will be back shortly with comments on your details and results in post numbered 9.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                        Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

A.T,

I will download that free trial of APE12.

Question: once installed how do I import the copy I made in APE9 into APE12?

Thanks,

Dx

• 9. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                          Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

A,T,

Downloaded and  installed APE12.

Opened and played a copy of my movie( originally create in APE9.01). It played fine with all the audio components(Audio from video clips narration, and soundtrack).

Rendered as I did in APE9.01. Again, no soundtrack......sigh...

Where to from here?

Thanks,

Ed

• 10. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better.

Did your purchase Premiere Elements 12 with a return opportunity included?

Moving forward let us stay with either Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 or 12/12.1. It might be a good idea to stay with 9.0/9.0.1 for at least

the next 24 hours of troubleshooting.

What do you mean by

Once exported, I open them up and listen usually  using Windows Media Files or HP Connected Music before I import to APE9. . Listening using the mentioned applications wouldn't effect their eventual rendering on from APE9 would it?

Is your music protected in anyway? You say that you edit it in Audacity and export it from there as .wav file. Before import into Premiere Elements, you listen to the music. Are you simply listing to the playback of the .wav file or is the .wav file being altered in the devices..."Windows Media Files" -"HP Connected Music"

what are those all about?

Once you have imported these .wav files into Project Media list view, right click the file, select Properties, and let us know the audio properties in the two lines that might say

Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - compressed Stereo

Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point-Stereo

Go to Document/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0 and the Media Cache Files Folder, and delete everything in it.

Before you import your .wav files into Premiere Elements, change the file name. Let us use just the two files that you mentioned. Change the first to:

01_KC.wav and the second change to 07_SF.wav. Import them into Premiere Elements with its Get Media/Files and Folders. Work in the Timeline workspace rather than the Sceneline workspace. Place the files on the Soundtrack as before and establish the status of the issue. If the issue persists, then move the music from the Soundtrack to one of the numbered Audio Tracks.

If the problem still persists, then start a new project, put everything into the project except except the narration. No narration what so ever in this project, and let us know what happens with the Soundtrack music situation.

Please review and consider and then let us know if any of the above had any influence on the Soundtrack music situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                              Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Hi A.T.

Fortunately I stopped the APE12 purchase. So we are good there.

RE What did I mean by: Once exported, I open them up and listen usually  using Windows Media Files or HP Connected Music before I import to APE9. . Listening using the mentioned applications wouldn't effect their eventual rendering on from APE9 would it?

What I mean be the above is that, once I export the music  from Audacity to the file I designated for them on my computer, I listen to them to make sure they play before I , in turn, import to APE9 to add to the the soundtrack of my movie. In the file, if I just double  click on the file  to listen it either opens and plays with Windows Media Files or HP Connected Music , 2 of a number of apps on my computer that play music.If the file opens with HP Connected Music, I change it to Windows Media Files as HP Connected Music , while it plays the music,  wants me to register and download things,  which I don't want to do,  so I get out of that app and reopen with Windows Media Player.

Whether it is a mp3(original format.  I did not edit in Audacity) or the  file edited and exported from Audacity as a .wav file , I did not notice either type being altered by the programs playing it(."Windows Media Files" -"HP Connected Music")

RE :

Once you have imported these .wav files into Project Media list view, right click the file, select Properties, and let us know the audio properties in the two lines that might say

Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - compressed Stereo

Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point-Stereo

OK:

RE: "01 Kelly Clarkson - Stronger [What Doesn't Kill You] +refraun 3"- Once I import this file into Project Media list view, and  right click the file, there is no "Properties option" to select. Only such things as "Update", 'Delete", "Remove Tag", "Run Auto Analyzer", and  "Show Media Details"(Once I click on "Media Details" I get  video, image, audio options-When I click on the "audio option" it just goes to another part of the Project Media List showing various video clips and photos I've imported  );

07 The Script Feat. will.i.am - Hall Of Fame +1min 17 sec - Same result as "01 Kelly Clarkson - Stronger [What Doesn't Kill You] +refraun 3"

I've changed the originals to "01_KC.wav" and  "07_SF.wav", imported. FYI, I  right clicked, I got the same results - no "Properties option" to select.

RE: Go to Document/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0 and the Media Cache Files Folder, and delete everything in it.

I cannot find that folder( Media Cache Files Folder) but if I click on Edit/Preferences/Media in APE9, it brings me to a page that is titled "Preferences with a dashboard on the left with different  titles to click on such as General, Audio, Audio Hardware, Capure, Media, etc. When the page  comes up the "Media" title is highlighted  with Media Cache Database subtitled under Preferences.  It gives options to "Browse" and 'Clean". Should I click on  "Clean" ? I'm assuming you want me to do this step (delete Media Cache Files Folder) before I do the following? Yes?

RE: Before you import your .wav files into Premiere Elements, change the file name. Let us use just the two files that you mentioned. Change the first to:

01_KC.wav and the second change to 07_SF.wav.

Import them into Premiere Elements with its Get Media/Files and Folders. Work in the Timeline workspace rather than the Sceneline workspace. Place the files on the Soundtrack as before and establish the status of the issue. If the issue persists, then move the music from the Soundtrack to one of the numbered Audio Tracks.

So this is what I did. I opened up a new project then opened one of my copies of my movie as the project. I then deleted all the original audio on the project.

As I mentioned above, changed the originals to "01_KC.wav" and  "07_SF.wav", and imported.

Placed files on the Soundtrack via sceneline. For some reason, in "timeline", I can't drag the music into the "soundtrack". It gets all squirly on me. Not so with "sceneline". Drags fine into soundtrack. They play fine in APE9.  I also re recorded a brief naration in Audacity, imported as a .wav as usual into file in computer. I then rendered  render and then see if they play. Video sound and naration played. Again, sound track did not.

Tomorrow,

1) I will elininate the narration then re render and listen for sound track.

2) If that doesn't work I will  move the music from the Soundtrack to one of the numbered Audio Tracks, render as then see if it plays in that version

Appreciate your feedback re:

1) Project Media list view, and  right click the file, there is no "Properties option"

2) My comments re Media Cache Files Folder

Thanks,

Ed

P.S., Everytime I go to open a saved or new project in APE9, I get a message asking me "Where is the file "Anita_2014-03-17-10-32.mp4" This is a mp4 recording I did on Skype and saved in a folder  that I have since deleted since it is unusable but I keep getting this message. The message is the Title on a search page that has 9.0 in the search box, files in 9.0 list etc.( not the Anita title). I have just been Xing this page  out , The project then opens up. It may be nothing but I though i would bring up under the umbrella of "all Things Considered"

• 12. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Good morning AT,

Continuing from yesterday:

1) Eliminated the narration  rendered. Again no sound track.

2) Effort to move the music from the Soundtrack to one of the numbered Audio Tracks failed. APE9 just won't let me drag the imported music files to audio track2 or 3.  Audio track 1 , as you know, has audio in it alreafy from my video clips.

Again, Appreciate your feedback re:

1) Project Media list view, and  right click the file, there is no "Properties option"

2) My comments re Media Cache Files Folder

I can redo steps above  once you give me the direction on how to remove the contents of the "media cache folder" per my comments in previous note.

Thanks,

Ed

P.S., Everytime I go to open a saved or new project in APE9, I get a message asking me "Where is the file "Anita_2014-03-17-10-32.mp4" This is a mp4 recording I did on Skype and saved in a folder  that I have since deleted since it is unusable but I keep getting this message. The message is the Title on a search page that has 9.0 in the search box, files in 9.0 list etc.( not the Anita title). I have just been Xing this page  out , The project then opens up. It may be nothing but I though i would bring up under the umbrella of "all Things Considered"

• 13. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks for the continuing troubleshooting.

You should be able to move the Soundtrack music to any of the numbered Audio Tracks.

How many tracks is your program now have - the default 3 Video Tracks and 3 associated Audio Tracks or did you create additional tracks?

Please right click the area to the left of the Timeline workspace where is shows the track line with names. The menu that opens should contain an option to Add Tracks. Add at least 1 Audio and 1 Video Track. Then try to drag the Soundtrack music to the newly added audio track. Any, impact?

Unless you customized defaults, the Media Cache Files Folder should be in Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0. Just open the folder, select all, and delete all. The program will automatically generated new conformed audio files when and if needed.

The next time you get one of those "Anita_.....: messages", click the Skip All option in the message. Hopefully this will gain you entry into the project that is asking for the file. If you get that opened project, delete any and all references to the "Anita_....." file in that project (look on Timeline, in Project Media, in Elements Organizer). You should be able to spot the file by its Media Offline display.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 14. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                    Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Happy 4th AT.

RE; You should be able to move the Soundtrack music to any of the numbered Audio Tracks.:

Added tracks per your instructions. Still could not drag to any audio track. in "time line" mode. The dragged .wav would end up mixed in the original audio track with the original audio.

Could add .wav in "scene line " mode, but only  to sound track.

I had a more techy friend get to the Media Cache Files Folder and deleted everything in  it. He said that folder was buried a lot deeper in the computer than you indicated. :-)

Anyway, once media files were deleted, I elimated all audio on soundtrack  and narration on one of my movie copies., added to renamed .wav files back to sound track(again via sceneline), rendered, and still no sound track.

I have a suggest/request. Could I share my computer with you to see if you can get this movie to render and play with soundtrack?

Thanks,

Ed

• 15. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed,

I have no way for doing computer sharing.

If you could post a Dropbox (or equivalent) link to your audio file, I would offer to check it out for you in my Premiere Elements.

Were did your friend find the Media Cache Folder - not in Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0? Were they the cfa and pek files that he deleted? Did the friend relocate the Media Cache Folder to the 9.0 Folder at the end of the path Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0

But, let me confirm this with you..at this time...

a. Can you use this soundtrack in a new project and get full soundtrack and are able to move the music from soundtrack to numbered audio tracks without issue?

b. If you replaced the current soundtrack with another soundtrack, in the current or new project, is the problem gone?

We will be watching for your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                        Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks A.T.,

I will post a dropbox link to my APE9 movie.

RE: Were did your friend find the Media Cache Folder - not in Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0? Were they the cfa and pek files that he deleted? Did the friend relocate the Media Cache Folder to the 9.0 Folder at the end of the path Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0

My guy used Windows Search to locate the Media Cache Folder.  (BTW, he found it odd programming to name a Windows Folder "... Folder".)  Anyway, this particular folder was located in C:\\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe with two other folders with similar names.  One of these two was named Media Cache.  He only deleted the Media Cache Folder Folder.

RE But, let me confirm this with you..at this time:

a. Can you use this soundtrack in a new project and get full soundtrack and are able to move the music from soundtrack to numbered audio tracks without issue?

As I stated in my previous note:

Added 2 .wav tracks you suggested  per your instructions. Still could not drag to any audio track. in "time line" mode. The dragged .wav would end up mixed in the original audio track with the original audio.

Could add .wav in "scene line " mode, but only  to sound track.

b. If you replaced the current soundtrack with another soundtrack, in the current or new project, is the problem gone?

Again, as stated in my previous note, Yes with the 2 renamed .wav files you suggested. Same ptpble. no soundtrack audio wen rendered.

Look forward to you viewing the file in dropbox.

Ed

• 17. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

It is late here so I will be calling it a day any minute.

Glad I saw your post before that.

We will be watching for the file sending via the Dropbox link in a post reply.

Thanks for your follow ups. Much appreciated.

ATR

• 18. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                            Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

A,T,

Here is the link to my APE9 movie  that play fine in APE9 but no sound track portion after render.:

Dropbox - Starwars clip practice Copy 4 full 22 min part 1 Copy.prel

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

Ed

• 20. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Good morning. Just starting my day.

I have downloaded your Dropbox sending and found a copy of your Premiere Elements project file. I opened it in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows 7 64 bit.

1. Because you sent the project file (project.prel) and not the archived project (Copied Folder, with copies of project.prel and source media), I had to use Skip All to get into the project where those media offline colorful displays populated video and audio tracks. But, using your project file as a base I did the following....

a. I tried to move your .mp3 files in Soundtrack to numbered audio tracks....result, no problem in doing that.

b. I deleted all your Soundtrack content and replaced it with iTune (.mp3) music that I had....result, no problem in getting full sound from my TImeline .mp3 file (unrendered or after rendering Timeline). Repeated and got the same result with a .wav version of the .mp3 file that I used.

c. At no time had any problems moving my media connected iTune (.mp3) or your media disconnected .mp3 to numbered audio tracks (with or without Timeline rendering involved).

At this point, I am thinking that the problem is in your music files (copyright, protection issues) or something else related to their source.

Also, when you get no sound in the Soundtrack, are there any media offline colorful displays anywhere in the project media or on the Timeline?

Please review and consider. And, then we will think about what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Any reason the Work Area Bar gray tabs were set at about 4 minutes 20 seconds instead of having them span the full Timeline content?

• 21. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Good morning A.T.,

Thanks for hanging in there with me on this.

I must tell you though, there are very few hairs left on my head as I have pulled most of them out in frustration:->

My over all response to your last note:

You seem to be able to  everything I can't seem to do in APE9.  In a nut shell, you wanted me to create more audio and video tracks- ( I was able to do that) in the timeline mode, eliminate the sound from the sound track,  and add those 2  renamed audio files with the .wav endings  to the 2cnd  audio track in the time line, then render and test to see if I could then hear the sound. For whatever reason, my APE9 would not allow me to drag any music into a second (or a third or a 4th) audio track. Each attempt to do do would resulted  in the original Video1 and Audio 1 (Camcorder/Gopro)  content jumping to the 2cnd audio/video tracks with the audio file I just tried to drag into the new audio track ending up embedded in the original audio at some random point....sigh....

RE: 1. Because you sent the project file (project.prel) and not the archived project (Copied Folder, with copies of project.prel and source media), I had to use Skip All to get into the project where those media offline colorful displays populated video and audio tracks. But, using your project file as a base I did the following....

Yes, I linked you to a copied file.You told me to make copies of my movie before I attempted the various mods you suggested so I would have the original movie in tack no matter what I do to original. If you want me to link you to the original archived project I will do so. But I don't know wheret hat is. In APE9 when I go to File/ Open project, all projects are .prel. Can you tell me where to find the archived project?

RE:Also, when you get no sound in the Soundtrack, are there any media offline colorful displays anywhere in the project media or on the Timeline?

Not sure what you mean by media offline colorful displays. Are you referring to pictures and discriptive workd that can accompany music files?

Anyway, I keep coming back to the back that everything plays perfectly in APE9 but not when rendered. Why????

RE: Add On....Any reason the Work Area Bar gray tabs were set at about 4 minutes 20 seconds instead of having them span the full Timeline content?

I don't understand anything about setting the tabs to anything. Not a clue. I didn't(to my knowledge alter anything.

You know I've probably made 14 rendered versions of this movie to test since we began talking. The only rendering I made that plays just fine with everything in tact(soundtrack audio, narration audio, and audio track audio) is very 1st rending I made was on June 9th. It's a shortened 6 minute version. Here  is the dropbox  link to it. I don't know if you can do anything with this as it is a rendered version but I thought I would share with you anyway. FYI There is no exact pre rendered version in APE9  as I continued to add content after June 9 , save, add content, save, etc. Here is:

Dropbox - PV 1 June 9 2014.mpg

As always, your feed back appreciated.
                                                Ed
                                                • 22. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                  Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Hi Again A.T.

Here is a dropbox link to a full 22 minute+  rendered version that will not play the sound track portion FYI for comparison.

Dropbox - PV 2 22 min version June 27 2014.mpg

Hope this helps.

Ed

• 23. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed,

First the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar, they are supposed to span the contents of your Timeline. In the project.prel that you sent they do not.

Consequently, when you go to render the Timeline content, the render will involve only that portion of the Timeline that the gray tabs span.

WorkBarArea.JPG

The two Work Area Bar gray tabs are pointed to with red arrows in the screenshot above. That second one is supposed to be at the end of the last item on the Timeline. To set those tabs, you can use shortcut....In this case, you move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the Timeline, hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you hit the left bracket key [ (the first one is OK so you do not have to do anything there)...but for the second gray tab, move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the Timeline content, hold down the Alt key and hit the right bracket key ] to set that one to correspond to the end of the Timeline.

Now back to the soundtrack with no sound after render....can you send a Dropbox link with the file for just the Satisfaction soundtrack. That will be easier than trying to send a Copied Folder from project archiving. Inserting that one file into your project.prel will reconnect it to the project and should give some important answers.

Please review.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I would have also included some suggestions for filling in some music gaps with muted audio. But, I did not find that was indicated in the tests that I did here so far.

• 24. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                      Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks A.T.,

Here is the drop box link to Satisfaction:

Dropbox - Satisfaction (Mario Santiago Bootleg2min 56 sec.wav

I will go into APE9 and adjust those gray area bars per your instruction and get back to you with the subsequent rendering results.

Ed

• 25. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

I am in the process of downloading the .wav file.

Sunday 8:28 pm July 6, 2014

This should prove for some interesting results. Results coming soon.

ATR

• 26. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Good news and bad news depending on how you view the results. Bottom line: no problem here with the soundtrack.

You posted the project.prel for your problem project with no media. So, all I had was a project file with all missing media color media offline

displays for audio and video, Timeline and Project Media.

a. The TImeline existed with a red line over the whole (00;22;23;15) duration. The Work Area Bar gray tabs spanned only the content from the start of the Timeline to 00;04;12:18.

b. .The computer desktop was the save location for the Satisfaction wav soundtrack that you sent so that I could select it when the "Where is the file...?" message appeared when I opened the project file.

Results. The Satisfaction wav soundtrack played back fine before and after rendering the Timeline for that 00;00;00;00 to 00;04;12;18 portion spanned by the Work Area Bar gray tabs as you set them originally. Also, I had no problems moving Satisfaction wav soundtrack from Soundtrack to the numbered Audio tracks.

I now want you to go through the same procedures that I just did using the same file sent via Dropbox link.

• Move the Satisfaction wav soundtrack to a new location on the hard drive (computer desktop if possible), some place other than where it was when you imported it into the project.
                                                          • Open the project.prel that you posted. You should get a "Where is the file Satisfaction....?" missing media message. Browse to and use it to reconnect the soundtrack to the project from its new desktop save location.
                                                          • Then observe the sound for it before and after Timeline render.
                                                          • Please let us know the results. Curious if it was the replacement of the soundtrack into the project that is the difference between us or something else.

Rendering of the Satisfaction .wav was possible because it was in the portion spanned by the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar. You would not be

able to render the rest of the Soundtrack files under that condition. See previous comments about placement of these gray tabs.

Please review. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 27. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                            Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Hi AT,

RE I will go into APE9 and adjust those gray area bars per your instruction and get back to you with the subsequent rendering results.

Did as you asked(adjusted gray barsand saved project) , rendered. Same results- no soundtrack or narration audio,

Ed

• 28. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed,

Please see the report on my results from your project.prel and the Satisfaction wav soundtrack.

In those studies, the gray tab set did not make a difference as detailed in the report posted in post 26 of your thread.

Please let me know if any further developments after you read post 26.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 29. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

I just noticed that, in your latest post numbered 27, you were not getting narration as well as soundtrack audio. Are you getting any audio from Audio Track 1?

ATR

• 30. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                  Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Hi Again A.T.

RE: I just noticed that, in your latest post numbered 27, you were not getting narration as well as soundtrack audio. Are you getting any audio from Audio Track 1?

Yes, both Video Track 1 and Audio Track 1 have always rendered fine. It is the soundtrack and narration tracks that don't play after rendering although they play just fine in APE9.

RE 

You posted the project.prel for your problem project with no media. So, all I had was a project file with all missing media color media offline

displays for audio and video, Timeline and Project Media.

I' m sorry A.T. I just don't understand. What do you mean by " all I had was a project file with all missing media color media offline"? I sent you file with all the media on it - video, with audio sound track, narration sound track, and soundtrack track sound track. Once again,  I can play it just fine on APE9. It looses soundtrack and narration only when I render. I don't understand what you mean by missing media color media offline.

a. The TImeline existed with a red line over the whole (00;22;23;15) duration. The Work Area Bar gray tabs spanned only the content from the start of the Timeline to 00;04;12:18.

Again, what does that mean? I see a broken red line accross the top of the time line. Whbat does that mean?

b. .The computer desktop was the save location for the Satisfaction wav soundtrack that you sent so that I could select it when the "Where is the file...?" message appeared when I opened the project file.

The save location was in the "dropbox folder  not on the computer  desktop. However, the there is a "dropbox icon" on the desktop. Would that make it the "save location?

RE I now want you to go through the same procedures that I just did using the same file sent via Dropbox link.

• Move the Satisfaction wav soundtrack to a new location on the hard drive (computer desktop if possible), some place other than where it was when you imported it into the project.
                                                                  • I think you mean move it from the folder I imported it into APE9 from to the desktop.
                                                                  • Open the project.prel that you posted. You should get a "Where is the file Satisfaction....?" missing media message. Browse to and use it to reconnect the soundtrack to the project from its new desktop save location.
                                                                  • OK, I did that. FYI, when the Anita location ? came up. I did as you instructed: I clicked skip all.
                                                                  • Then observe the sound for it before and after Timeline render.
                                                                  • Sound was then fine when played in APE9(satisfaction and all sound track, narration, and audio 1 Track/Video 1 track)
                                                                  • When render. The Same! video1 track and Audio 1 track only . No Sound track or Narration track. ...sigh...

Looking forward to your feed back.

Ed

• 31. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

I will try to cover all but may need to post some of the reply in the light of day. Very late here right now.

1. The project file (the project.prel) has only copies of the source media that you import into the project. That is how it works. In order to see those images in a project, the project needs to trace back to the source media in their hard drive location where they were at import into the project. When you sent me the project file, its source media that it needed to trace back to were on your computer not mine. So, all I saw in your project were lots of body less, just missing media colorful media offline displays in Project Assets, Timeline. That is why I asked for the file for a soundtrack so that I could reconnect at least one file back to the project to see what was going on with the soundtrack. This is an important point so please let me know if I have communicated the concept OK. I will rewrite if necessary.

When one has to transport a project from computer to computer and keep the source media connected to the project (so that the project can trace back to the media), the File Menu/Project Archiver feature comes to the rescue. With that feature, you save the a copy of the project file plus copies of the source media in one Folder....you open the project from there and the program traces back to the source media in the folder.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Archiving projects

What you see in the screenshot in post 23 is what I was looking at in what you sent. And, there was no music to be heard because there were no music files to trace back to until you sent me one of them.

I need to think about what next. The project file and the one soundtrack that you sent showed no problems when opened in my Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Please let me know if my explanation above helps you to understand better the follow up tests that I wanted you to run using the project.prel file and Satisfaction wav soundtrack that you posted. I will go into more detail on it if necessary.

Thanks for the follow ups and staying with trying to find the core of this issue.

ATR

• 32. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                      Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks A.T,

RE 1. The project file (the project.prel) has only copies of the source media that you import into the project. That is how it works. In order to see those images in a project, the project needs to trace back to the source media in their hard drive location where they were at import into the project. When you sent me the project file, its source media that it needed to trace back to were on your computer not mine. So, all I saw in your project were lots of body less, just missing media colorful media offline displays in Project Assets, Timeline. That is why I asked for the file for a soundtrack so that I could reconnect at least one file back to the project to see what was going on with the soundtrack. This is an important point so please let me know if I have communicated the concept.

ED: Yes, now I understand.

RE 2:  When one has to transport a project from computer to computer and keep the source media connected to the project (so that the project can trace back to the media), the File Menu/Project Archiver feature comes to the rescue. With that feature, you save the a copy of the project file plus copies of the source media in one Folder....you open the project from there and the program traces back to the source media in the folder.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Archiving projects

ED: I understand, I will save according to your instructions and send you a drop box share link.

Ed

• 33. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks.

That project should be working for you in your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, but is not when it comes to the Soundtrack and that small clip in the Narration Track.

This is indeed challenging. I will check out whatever additional information you have in the hopes of targeting the core of the issue and determining the differences between here and there on this matter.

Many thanks for the project file samples. They are expediting matters even though we do not have the answer to the problem yet.

ATR

• 34. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                          Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

A.T.

Here are the drop box links for copies I made using the File Menu/Project Archiver feature.

1) On this one I chose the "copy project" option.  Got a "encountered problem" message before finishing. Even though I did get something saved per the link I am giving you, if it didn't save right and you want it again, just let me know.. Here is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/24v2p2hqygpky6p/AAD_HLG-MSD0Rlsac2RcvJWia

2) On this one I chose the "Archive project" option.

Dropbox - Archived Project Trimmed_Starwars clip practice Copy 6 full 22 min part 1 Copy Copy

Appreciate your feed back.

Ed

• 35. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks.

I am in the process of downloading both sources - Trimmed and Copied.

I will write again after the downloads are completed, and I have had a chance to see what I have.

Hoping for good news.

ATR

• 36. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Any chance you could try for another Copied Folder which should contain a copy of the project.prel file as well as the source media that went into the project.

What you sent last was helpful but incomplete. Copied Folder did not contain the project.prel file. There were source media but a lot missing. I used the project.prel that you had sent last time without media. I did put together a few bunches of Timeline with almost complete content, especially the parts with the Satisfaction music and that very small bird sound file. All worked great.

What I would like you to do also is.......open your project, open to the project media....then right click the Satisfaction file in the Soundtrack and select Reveal in Project. When you do that, the project media file for Satisfaction should be automatically highlighted in project media. Note the appearance of the file in project media Does it look like what you see in the screenshot below (speaker icon to far left of file)

Screenshot.JPG

Or do you see instead, the Media Office representation?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 37. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                                Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Good morning A.T.,

Made another effort to create another "Copied Folder" which contains a copy of the project.prel file as well as the source media that went into the project.

Same results as last time. At about 94% complete, I got an error message [..\..\Src\ProjectManagerlmpl.cpp-1800]. I clicked "continue", got a "APE9 has stopped working. At this point I had 2 choices: 1) "close program" or 2) click on "X". Last time I c/o "close program" so this time I c/o X. Same result. It closed APE9 down.

That said, it still saved another "incomplete copied folder", the link for which is below. Don't know if that will help but here is:

Dropbox - Copied_Starwars clip practice Copy 6 full 22 min part 1 Copy Copy

RE: What I would like you to do also is.......open your project, open to the project media....then right click the Satisfaction file in the Soundtrack and select Reveal in Project. When you do that, the project media file for Satisfaction should be automatically highlighted in project media. Note the appearance of the file in project media Does it look like what you see in the screenshot below (speaker icon to far left of file)

ED: Yes it does.

FYI,

RE the narration: I only had one tiny 2 second clip there and it plays fine. So the Narration track is not the problem.

Also, I noticed, that for the first 3 audio clips located in the "sound track section" in the project including  the specific version of Satisfaction(the 3rd audio piece in the "soundtrack section) were somehow missing from the media side bar on the right side of the screen. I deleted those 3 audio clips from the soundtrack, imported the media again from folders on my computer, inserted in the sound track section again, saved project, and rendered. Results. Still same, Video/Audio and Narration plays fine. No Soundtrack.

Ed

• 38. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks. I will check out the latest Copied Folder that you have sent in a little while.

The Trimmed Folder might generate better since it should be smaller than the Copied Folder.

In your last sending of the Trimmed Folder, there was no copy of the project.prel either and the source media that were

supposed to be in that Trimmed Folder were very limited.

I am not sure what is going on with the Project Archiving - both Trimmed and Copied.

Before you send another Trimmed, please look inside and determine if there is a project.prel file besides

copies of the project media. I am wondering if what I am receiving is Dropbox doings or whether there

are flaws in the generation of these Folders in your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

By the way, the previous Copied folder was loaded with project media but

they were mostly conformed audio files (cfa and pek) that could not be used in the project to which I was

trying to reconnect source media with the "Where is the file....?" messages.

More later.

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

ATR

• 39. Re: No audio when rendering issue:
                                                                                    Ed'sAPE9 Level 1

Thanks A.T.

RE:

Before you send another Trimmed, please look inside and determine if there is a project.prel file besides

copies of the project media. I am wondering if what I am receiving is Dropbox doings or whether there

are flaws in the generation of these Folders in your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

ED: I don't understand how to "look inside and determine if there is a project.prel file besides copies of the project media." Could you explain?

By the way, the previous Copied folder was loaded with project media but

they were mostly conformed audio files (cfa and pek) that could not be used in the project to which I was

trying to reconnect source media with the "Where is the file....?" messages.

ED: Sorry A.T. Don't understand what conformed audio files (cfa and pek) are or what you mean by ""Where is the file....?" messages."

Ed

1 2 Previous Next