1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 2:26 PM by try67

Searching an index repeatedly with different keywords and saving the results each time

CuriousOne

Hello,
      I have a set of over 2,000 PDF documents that I have created a library index for, using Adobe XI Pro.

I can search individual keywords just fine, and save those search results in .CSV.

But I have a list of keywords (rather large list, >1000 keywords) that I would like to search for one-by-one, reporting the results in CSV for each individual keyword search.

Basically what i'm looking for is to find a way to run this search/save-results action over and over, using a different keyword each time.

In the end I want to be able to have a repository where I can state that keyword XYZ appears in these PDF documents X-amount of times, and on the following pages in each document.

I found this answer, but I want to automate it to loop through a large list of keywords, saving the results each time: Re: Export Search Results of Multiple PDFs

Is there a way to script this?

I've looked at the highlight & replace script, trying to create a Macro in Excel to search the PDF docs (which is VERY slow),... none worked so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks