1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 5:46 PM by ooofest

Lightroom crashes on import with Samsung Android Phone plugged in USB

panjumbie

I went to import some photos taken on a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone into Lightroom 5.5 via USB.  Plugging in the phone with import selected or selecting import with the phone already plugged in crashes Lightroom, every time.  Now, I can copy the pictures to the computer and then presumably import them, but Lightroom shouldn't crash when a smartphone is plugged in...

• 1. Re: Lightroom crashes on import with Samsung Android Phone plugged in USB
          ooofest

Funny I should find this post on my first web search - I just updated from v5.4 to v5.5 only 10 minutes ago and *BLAMMO*  . . . Lightroom crashes as soon as I hit the Import button when my Samsung Galaxy S III is attached via USB.  This is on Windows 7 64-bit.

Lightroom v5.4 has been happily importing files from the same phone all along, so something has regressed in v5.5, it seems.  Importing from a USB storage device should be relatively straightforward.

EDIT: I uninstalled v5.5 and reinstalled v5.4 - it imports without problems using the same scenario that crashed v5.5 above.

Little help, Adobe?  Please?  I'm willing to send logs, test various scenarios, etc.