Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open an EPUB ebook in ADE ? - Getting Adobe Error

Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help...........This is my first time trying to download an ebook to my Computer (Windows 7)

I just got an Adobe ID and downloaded Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) 3.0 as an Icon on my Window's Desktop.   When I open it, all I see are tons of instructions but nothing applies to the problem I'm having.

I downloaded a Library EPUBebook which is an .acsm file  and when I open it, it immediately goes to Adobe XI and  opens with an error. - The Library is closed until Tuesday and I don't even know if they will help.

ERROR says:  "Adobe Reader could not open "......................acsm"  because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."

I'm sure the file is not corrupted as someone else had borrowed it just before me.  I deleted and downloaded it again several times... same problem

I've tried to read all the tips with no results.

It says to drag or type it into ADE but when I open ADE all I see are instructions with no place to drag or type to.   I tried reinstalling but it says ADE is already running.

help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?