This occurred after I re formatted the external and restored my files.
I'm pretty sure we'll be able to correct this. But it could be a little tricky, so we need some details first:
- When you do Library > Find All Missing Photos, do photos from the "original" (first) external drive show up or the "new" (second) one?
- In the, select a top level folder for the first drive, right-click it, and select Show Parent Folder:
Keep doing that until you get to the root folder:
- Repeat that process to show the root folder for the second drive.
- Post a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR window here.
John, thanks for your quick reply.
#1 In find all Missing Photos, the photos do not show up in the second
#2 On Show Parent Folder I get an Error message. path from root not unique.
#3 On second drive, clicking on Show parent folder, nothing happens.
Attached screen capture.
Thanks in advance for your time and help.
On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM, John R. Ellis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The screenshot didn't come through (email attachments are ignored). Come back to the Web and post the shot there (use the camera icon in the reply window).
LR is clearly confused. I notice that the drive's name is "MYBOOk" (lower-case k). Was that deliberate?
Here's what I suggest for working around this bug:
1. Backup your catalog. (You can force a backup by changing Lightroom > Catalog Settings > Back Up Catalog to "When Lightroom next exits" and then exiting. Don't restart LR.
2. In Finder, rename the drive by right-clicking it (under Devices) to something completely different, e.g. "New MYBOOK".
3. Restart LR.
4. The left-hand Folder pane should look something like this, with all the top-level folders now marked with a "?" indicating they are missing:
5. Right-click each of the top-level folders of each of the "MYBOOk" drives and do Find Missing Folder. Navigate to and select the corresponding folder on the newly renamed "New MYBOOOK". (I've observed that sometimes you have to do this more than once -- it doesn't seem to always "take".) If you get a message that the folder is already in LR, select "Merge".
6. When you've done this for all the folders on the two "MYBOOk" drives, you should now just have one drive "New MYBOOk". If there folders from the "MYBOOk" drives still showing up, they should be marked with a "?" and show zero photos. You can right-click them and do Remove.
7. In a catalog without inconsistencies, I've verified that this procedure works. Yours has inconsistencies, so it may not work. But that's why you have a backup to revert to if it doesn't.