11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2014 10:06 PM by Caravita

Clips

Caravita

My original clips was 2 hours, after several edits I have broken it down into several 5 minute clips. I cut and pasted one of those clips into a new project so I could render it. When I rendered it is says it is 2 ours long, and not 5 minutes. Can someone help me to tell the clip it is a new clip and no longer has the properties of the original 2 hour clip? thanks much, v

• 1. Re: Clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

caravita

Your details are slim and incomplete.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and what computer operating system is it running?

How did you go about cutting and pasting one of those clips into a new project? ClipMate and Premiere Elements or something else? And please

define "rendered it says 2 hours long?"

For now I will generalize, using as my model Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

If you have a Timeline with 2 hours of content and you want to export selectively 5 minute segment of it, there are two vital steps

a. In the Edit area, set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment that you want to export

and

b. In the export settings, make sure that there is a check mark next to "Share Work Area Bar Only". Many of the exports for file saved to the

computer hard drive have this option in their export settings. Burn to does not.

I will give you very in depth how to instructions, once I know program version and computer operating system on which it is running.

You can do a copy/paste insert for copy part of one project to another. The ClipMate program used for this in conjunction with Premiere Elements is a Windows Only program.

Looking forward to your follow up with details to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Clips
            Caravita Level 1

Hi there ATR,

Thanks for your response. Yes Im using Windows 8, Premeire Elements 12,and 64bit.

I used Premiere Elements to cut and paste the clip into a new project..

When I go to Publish + Share and then select the mode I would like to use, in this case, it was MPEG2 1440x1080i it takes about an hour to finish then when I look where it is saved in my folder it says the file is 1 hr and 43 minutes long, which was the length of the original file I cut and pasted the clips from.

Also in the Project Assets, I can see the 1:43:00 file.

To complicate matters I've made edits in this new project so I'd like to find a way to not have to start all over again, and export the clips anew (and thus unedited) from the longer 1h43 min clip.

Thanks again,

Vita

• 3. Re: Clips
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Vita

Thanks for the reply.

Can you do this instead of your copy/paste insert?

Have you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment of the Timeline that you want?

1. Are you doing your work from the original project in which you want to do the export? If so,

a. Move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the segment that you want to export. Then, hold down the

Alt key of the computer main keyboard and press the left bracket key [ of the computer main keyboard.

Next, move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment that you want to export. Then, hold down the

Alt key and press the right bracket key.

b. When you get to Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG and its preset = "MPEG2 1440 x 1080i", in the dialog

you should see an option named "Share Work Area Bar Only". That has to have a check mark next to it.

OR

2. Are you confirming that you use specifically ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements for your copy paste insert

of a 5 minute segment from one project to another and then are exporting it in the second project only to get

the whole original video instead of the 5 minute segment? If so, that suggests to me that there is a problem with ClipMate,

not Premiere Elements. But, with confirmation of your details, I will do an actual run through of ClipMate Premiere Elements

to see if I can find the spot where you might be getting the full content instead of just a of portion of it.

3. If you want to salvage what you have in this second project with the unwanted full content, then you will need to do some

cuts and deletions to get it down to the specific segment that you wanted. Or, if applicable, do the selective export of a segment

of it using the technique mentioned above.

We will be watching for your further details.

ATR

• 4. Re: Clips
                Caravita Level 1

Hi AtR, Thanks for the replies, I will read it thoroughly now. I haven't been back to work since I wrote you last time, but I am here now. Speak soon, Vita

• 5. Re: Clips
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Vita

When you have the time, please let us know how we can help after you review the suggestions and considerations already posted.

If you need for me to do some first hand road testing on your workflow which involves this issue, please do not hesitate to tell

me (giving the details that I would need to replicate what you are doing).

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Clips
                    A.Kubba Adobe Employee

Hi,

On the export window there is an option of share work bar area only. Select that and try to export the file and see if that resolves the problem or not.

Thank You

Arjun

• 7. Re: Clips
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Arjun

Already posted in this thread are the correct steps for the selective export of the Timeline content.

See post numbered 3 in this thread for the details of the Work Area Bar gray tabs set coupled with the export option "Share Work Area Bar Only"

Have you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment of the Timeline that you want?

1. Are you doing your work from the original project in which you want to do the export? If so,

a. Move the Timeline Indicator to the beginning of the segment that you want to export. Then, hold down the

Alt key of the computer main keyboard and press the left bracket key [ of the computer main keyboard.

Next, move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment that you want to export. Then, hold down the

b. When you get to Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG and its preset = "MPEG2 1440 x 1080i", in the dialog

you should see an option named "Share Work Area Bar Only". That has to have a check mark next to it.

Please note that you need the both steps to export selectively a segment of the Timeline content.

ATR

• 8. Re: Clips
                        A.Kubba Adobe Employee

Hi,

My apologies, by mistake i missed the last part.

Thank You

Arjun

• 9. Re: Clips
                          Caravita Level 1

thank you SO much! I am printing out all the steps now and will follow. i'll let u know how i go. best wishes, vita

• 10. Re: Clips
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Vita

How is your troubleshooting progressing?

I just saw your reply to A.Kubba (Arjun).

As I reminded Arjun, you need both steps (Work Bar Area gray tabs set as well as check mark next to Share Work Area Bar Only option in the export area)

for selective export of Timeline content to be possible.

I have written this in a reply to you (post number 3) as well as in a reply to Arjun (post numbered 7)

Looking forward to your results when your schedule permits.

ATR

• 11. Re: Clips
                              Caravita Level 1

Hi Arjun, So I just ticked the Share Work Area Bar Only and it worked like a charm.

For future clips though that I will be cutting and pasting from the longer original aforementioned, I will do so as above.

I have not been using Clipmate to my knowledge anyway. I am simply cutting and then pasting.

Thanks so much!

Best,

Vita