5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 3:58 PM by A.T. Romano

my program stops working when sharing burning or saving

Suzzy

s there a support person i can talk to on phone?

• 1. Re: my program stops working when sharing burning or saving
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What error message do you see?

Do you have a hardware monitor program installed to check your CPU temperature?

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Are you using an account with Administrator Privileges?

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 (Encore + "All" Premiere)

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: my program stops working when sharing burning or saving
            A.T. Romano Level 7

suzzy

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If Premiere Elements 12, you should have an opportunity to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. I suspect that any possible

phone contact would be channeled through it if there were any possible. If your version is earlier than the current version, 12, Adobe will likely bounce you back to the forums since typically it supports only purchased/registered current version. And, the current version is 12.

Adobe via Adobe Chat can be reached through the following link from which you can navigate to your topic. Beware some topics bounce you back to the forums.

Contact Customer Care

We would be glad for the opportunity to be of assistance with your troubleshooting if wanted. This is not Adobe. Just user to user where I can customize your Premiere Elements issues with Premiere Elements answers first hand. But, there is the need for you to give details that will help us to help you.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 3. Re: my program stops working when sharing burning or saving
              Suzzy Level 1

Hi 

have premier elements 10 and working with windows 7. The error message is always at 27% saved and it says adobe premier elements has stopped working close program.

• 4. Re: my program stops working when sharing burning or saving
                Suzzy Level 1

HiHi 

have premier elements 10 and working with windows 7. The error message is always at 27% saved and it says adobe premier elements has stopped working close program.

Thanks

• 5. Re: my program stops working when sharing burning or saving
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Suzzy

What video card/graphics card does your computer use. NVIDIA GeForce? If so, there are problems specific to Premiere Elements 10 users with regard to these card which require driver roll back in order for Premiere Elements 10 to work properly. Please see the Announcement on this at the top of this forum. This Announcement explains the problem and present the how to fix involving the driver roll back. Let us rule this factor in or out at the onset.

Since you are using Premiere Elements 10, the contact with Adobe Chat is not indicated since it supports only the current version (12)/purchased and registered.

If we get the video card/graphics card out of the matter, then we can go onto to other troubleshooting paths....

a. Computer Resources. Is your Windows 7 computer 32 bit or 64 bit?

b. How much available RAM and free hard drive space. Where are your Scratch Disks located and how much

free hard drive space is at that location. (Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.)

c. What is the duration of the Timeline content and what formats are represented on that Timeline?

d. What are the export choice details -

burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

(What does the burn dialog show in the Quality area for Space Require and Bitrate)?

export to file....Share/ and then what down to the preset selected?

Let us start here and then decide what next. If there are any questions that you feel you cannot answer, please let us know

and we will rewrite so that we can share the information needed for us to help you.

Thanks.

ATR