3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2014 2:11 PM by TychoBrown RSS

License Server Unavailable

TychoBrown

I own a Perpetual license for RoboHelp 6 which has been doing just what I need for sometime now. The system it was installed on is no longer available and I need to reinstall to a new system. Unfortunately the old license server is no longer available to activate the license. I have been unable to get phone support for this issue so far and the chat person online could only tell me to upgrade (1000.00) to the latest version or try the forums. I only need this product for it's most basic functions, but I do need it for those functions. If you are going to take the license server off line then you need to offer perpetual license holders a way to get their software up and running. Seems to me that the license agreement works both ways?

Regards,

Chris

• 1. Re: License Server Unavailable
          TychoBrown Community Member

This issue has been resolved. I was finally able to get someone on the phone to update my license number for a successful install. Not quick or easy, but accomplished. Thanks.

• 2. Re: License Server Unavailable
            Peter Grainge ACP/MVPs

For the record, the servers for older versions had to be taken offline years ago for security reasons but Adobe do honour the perpetual licences. In this case by issuing another key. For older versions, it may be an upgrade to X5 where there is a fix for the problem.

@TychoBrown It looks as if you thought you were dealing direct with Adobe. This is a user to user forum so it wasn't anyone here who took the server offline. If you are creating webhelp, do check it in various browsers as the output from older versions can have issues. You say your needs are basic so hopefully you will be OK.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

• 3. Re: License Server Unavailable
              TychoBrown Community Member

Yes, posting to the user forum would not have been my choice, but this is just what the Adobe Support person on chat stated was my only avenue for resolution (posting to the RH forum) outside of a full upgrade. Obviously he was wrong and when I did get finally get someone on the phone the problem was resolved quickly.