4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 4:46 AM by A.T. Romano

I've troubles with Premerie Elements

juri2102

I can't burn a disc and also it isn't possible to save the movie as a file on hard disc. On burning I'll get the Error - Software: /premiere/elements/molecules/pre-mediacore/External/AuthorScript/Source

I've installed the program new but its the problem and the same error.

On saving the movie to a file. The target is empty.

• 1. Re: I've troubles with Premerie Elements
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Are you using an account with Administrator Privileges?

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 (Encore + "All" Premiere)

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: I've troubles with Premerie Elements
            A.T. Romano Level 7

juri2102

First let us start with what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running?

Although I rarely see the error message

Software: /premiere/elements/molecules/pre-mediacore/External/AuthorScript/Source

associated with the following, I am going to ask at the onset "Do you have a stop marker at the end of the last item on your Timeline?"

I have seen your error message corrected only one time by the fix of removing the stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline. A stop marker at that location is not needed and often causes all sorts of export problems.

Please let us know the outcome on that. If that is not the answer, we will go the more conventional route of Q&A for resolving your issue.

ATR

• 3. Re: I've troubles with Premerie Elements
              juri2102 Level 1

Thx for your Help!

I have installed the System on my Computer new. Than I have installed as administrator Premiere Elements 12 - updated the programm.

On my film I have deleted the last "stop market" and now all is ok.

Juri

• 4. Re: I've troubles with Premerie Elements
                A.T. Romano Level 7

juri2102

Thanks for the great news that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Very interesting result since, as I mentioned, it is the Vobulator error that is usually seen with the stop marker

placed at the end of the last item on the project's Timeline. Glad I remembered that one case where the error

that you received reflected the same issue.

Best wishes

ATR