18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 9:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...

g7enda

Purchased Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements. Photoshop Elements downloaded correctly. Premier Elements downloads as files only. I don't know what to do next. Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?

Did you download installation files from Adobe or elsewhere?

What files do you currently have downloaded to your computer for Premiere Elements 12?

Are they

PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.7z (file size 1.17 GB)

and

PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.exe (file size 1.47 MB)

Follow the instructions as first you double click the .exe file (Adobe Application Manager) and then

the .7z file which is the program. Be sure to being starting with computer's antivirus and firewalls disabled.

If situation is not as I have assumed, please let me know immediately. Do you have a purchased serial number

for Premiere Elements? It is not the same one that you use for Photoshop Elements.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
            g7enda Level 1

Windows 7.

File is from my adobe account. I typed in my serial number it offered two different blue download buttons, one for photoshop, one for premiere.

These are the files I have:

They lead to this: Capture.JPGT

2.JPG

The following is what happens when I double click on the .exe

one.JPG

I attempted to "extract all" and it only copied the files to another part of the computer, I think. (I am illiterate in this arena)

I tried clicking run and error messages came up. (can't remember what they said, but I can try it if you'd like me to.)

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
              g7enda Level 1

Ok, I double clicked on the .exe

then clicked "run"

then double clicked the 7z

It wanted me to download WinZip.

downloaded winZip

I double clicked the 7z folder again

It started extracting files, instantaneously this error popped up: 3.JPG

And that's where I am now.

• 4. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

Once you Run the .exe file, you should have gotten the dialog from which to run the .7z file. In that dialog, there was a place to designate where the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder was going to be saved. Typically that is the desktop. Is that where you have that set? If so, try again, but this time, designate a place in Documents.

Are you running your computer from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Start again, this time right click the .exe file and select Run As Administrator. Then double click it to Run, then proceed as as before.

Please let us know if any of the above helped.

When you get to the Adobe Premiere Elements Folder, you are going to find the Setup.exe file to install the program. We will talk about that

if necessary when you reach that point.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                  g7enda Level 1

Thanks so much for helping me out.

Now, when I double click the .exe this pops up.

5.JPG

It doesn't even allow me to get to the dialogue box.

I am on the administrator account.

I may go ahead and try to download again.

• 6. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                    g7enda Level 1

Ok, I extracted the files,

then was able to run as administrator.

We made a lot of progress - even going all the way to the installer. However, the process aborted when it said my computer was a 64bit and the installer did not support.

It mentioned the setup.exe. like you had mentioned if I open the adobe premiere elements folder.

• 7. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

Thanks for the follow up.

Typically when you see the message that you showed in post numbered 5 that means that you have not downloaded the .exe file.

Do you have exe saved to the same place as the .7z file at this time? Are they still on the desktop or both moved to Documents?

Please double check to assure that antivirus and firewall are disabled. When did this message first appear

a. when you applied Run As Administrator to the .exe

b. other

If all else does not work out, then try for another download. If problems continue, Adobe via Adobe Chat might help with a remote

control of your computer (not sure). Here is the link to Adobe Chat, just in case. But, I think you should be able to work through this.

Contact Customer Care

You want to get to a page that looks like the screenshot below where you click on the Chat option.

(If the link provided reverts with the earlier page, select the "Still need help? Contact us." to get to the page shown in the screenshot)

Chat.JPG

We will be watching for your progress. Do not give up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                        g7enda Level 1

I have the files downloaded to the desktop.

• 9. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                          g7enda Level 1

I am not sure where to look for the setup.exe

• 11. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                            g7enda Level 1

I found the setup application and the above photo is where I am at.

Let me know what I should do next. Thanks for your help.

• 12. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

I am not sure why you are seeing a download for Photoshop Camera Raw (64 bit). It should say Photoshop Elements (32 bit application) or Premiere Elements (64 bit application), not Photoshop. I need to think about that one. Right now my thinking is to cancel out of that for now.

Let us recap.

After you got finished with the .exe and the .7z, did you find the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder on the Desktop or in Documents wherever you directed it to be?

If yes, double clicking of that folder should have shown you PRE12 Folder and ReadMe Folder. The Setup.exe to be used is in the PRE12 Folder. If that is the case, I would move on, quitting that Camera Raw offering for now.

The following blog post details my installation of 12 from disc step by step

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

Not sure if that is going to be confusing comparison, but I will put them anyway just in case these details will help.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                                g7enda Level 1

Alright, I have now found the setup.exe in the PE 12 folder. We get going, and then this box pops up. 7.JPG

• 14. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                                  g7enda Level 1

I tried running the windows installer and it says there is not enough memory to continue. So, I suppose I will need to dejunk the computer. Tell me if I'm correct or not in this assumption, I will look into it again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

• 15. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

Please double check what you downloaded from Adobe.

From the message, it would appear that you may have selected the 32 bit instead of 64 bit version of

Premiere Elements 12 Windows.

This is pointing to another download attempt from Adobe for Premiere Elements 12 64 bit.

There is an alternate choice, not sure if you want to try this instead.

Go to the following web site and download the tryout of Premiere Elements 12 (64 bit files for .exe and .7z.)

Once installed from the setup of the resulting Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder, then you can insert your purchased serial number in these installation files  and make them your working copy.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

The major pitfall in this route is read and carryout carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" so that you do

not run into an Access Denied message.

Go with whatever path is easier for you and less confusing. I suspect you made the 32 instead of 64 bit choice

for the Adobe download. In Windows 7 64 bit, Premiere Elements 12 will be a 64 bit application. Photoshop Elements 12

will be a 32 bit application.

Please review and consider and let me know the outcome.

Thanks for the follow ups. Do not give up.

ATR

• 16. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

Just saw your latest post after I had posted by latest one.

We will look at this again in the morning. What do your computer resources look like - installed RAM and available hard drive space.

On one of my installs of a tryout a while back, I got one of those not enough memory messages - not so, had 8 GB RAM and about

6 GM available. I got around that my setting up to have the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder save to Documents instead of the

computer desktop.

In the morning, things will be clearer and perhaps the answer is to start with a new download from Adobe, double checking that the files

are for Premiere Elements 64 bit. Double check to make sure that your file names are specifically

PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.7z (file size 1.17 GB)

and

PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.exe (file size 1.47 MB)

In one of your earlier posts, I am almost sure I saw a 32 bit in a Premiere Elements file involved. Note how my files both have win64 in the

file name.

ATR

• 17. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                                        g7enda Level 1

Thanks so much for your help. Premiere Elements is up and running!

This morning, I made sure I clicked only on the 64 bit files. Remembered all the processes you had been trying to help me with. On my second time through all downloaded correctly.

I am very grateful for your help! You were great! Thanks so much!

• 18. Re: Premeire elements 12 will only download as files...
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

g7enda

Very great, great news. We are so pleased. Congratulations on staying with the task and succeeding. Great job.

Wishing you lots of wonderful video taking opportunities and Premiere Elements projects.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification.

ATR