2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 5:02 PM by John Waller

Off-line working

Cayuu

I am an amateur photographer.  I have used Adobe photography software for some considerable time (from Photoshop 7 and Lightroom 3).  I have thought hard about joining Created Cloud but I have two issues to resolve.

1.  I live in an area where broadband bandwidth and integrity is poor – 2 Mbps download, around 150 kbps upload and fairly frequent dropouts.  If I subscribe to Photoshop/Lightroom is there a facility to download the software so that I can work off-line at times when I cannot access the Internet and to avoid losing work when my Internet connection drops out?

2.  Photography has been a long-standing hobby but I can imagine a time when I may not wish to dedicate as much time to it as I do now.  Obviously I would still want to have access to the photographs that have been processed and to occasionally make some amendments.  I'm sure that the Creative Cloud software will have moved on well beyond the capabilities of my current CS 6 and Lightroom 5.  Will there be a facility to purchase a non-Cloud version of the software at that time for more casual use?

Regards, Ken.

• 1. Re: Off-line working
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can't answer #1 but there is a LONG (1,800 messages) discussion in News on Premiere Next at Adobe Max that touches on the idea of ever being able to buy a "frozen at some time" version of the Cloud programs... with, as far as I know, no statement from Adobe that there will ever be such a version... in other words, CS6 is now, and is likely to stay, as the last perpetual license version

• 2. Re: Off-line working
            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1.  I live in an area where broadband bandwidth and integrity is poor – 2 Mbps download, around 150 kbps upload and fairly frequent dropouts.  If I subscribe to Photoshop/Lightroom is there a facility to download the software so that I can work off-line at times when I cannot access the Internet and to avoid losing work when my Internet connection drops out?

This question seems to assume that you must be connected to the internet to use the software. That's not the case.

With the Photoshop/Lightroom subscription, you still download, install and run the software locally. No different to what you do now.