1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 8:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble registering

ethanworthen

I have premiere elements 4.0. I had to reinstall. I can't register now. I get the message "A problem was encountered while trying to send information over the Internet."  I tried several times. Until I register, I cannot place several file types into the timeline. Any advice?

• 1. Re: Trouble registering
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ethanworthen

I do not recall that registering is a requirement in Premiere Elements 4. What computer operating system is Premiere Elements 4 suppose to be running on? Did the program accept your purchased serial number during installation?

Have you installed the latest version of QuickTime on your computer? Are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges. Also, have you right clicked the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 4 and select Run As Administrator.

What specific file types are you having problems with - MPEG2? Please state which specific formats are a problem at this time?

Were you appear of the following MPEG2 activation situation for version of Premiere Elements 8 and earlier?

You may want to look into an uninstall/ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)/reinstall with antivirus and firewall disabled.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR