• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS won't let me save because "Disk not Available"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time this has happened.  Customer help had me delete a file in the library but I can't remember which file.  Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Ok I had to go to Go to Folder, ~/Library, Preferences, then change "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 settings" to "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 settings Old"

That fixed it.

P.S.  Not scratch disk full - It said disc unavailable

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figure it out, but thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the scratch disk full, you may try to delete .tmp / edit/purge/all. Or assign a scratch disk with enough space--if that's what you mean. But if it is disk not available, it's because of the disk permission? On mac, choose the scratch disk you want, press command I-> Sharing &Permission-> Ignore ownership on this volume. (IF that is the boot drive, ignore this suggestion. Don't do it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I had to go to Go to Folder, ~/Library, Preferences, then change "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 settings" to "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 settings Old"

That fixed it.

P.S.  Not scratch disk full - It said disc unavailable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I do not understand the path - where is "Folder" - could you please advise the full path to the Library Preferences above to change the settings to "Old"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe support - I learned you need to select Folder from the top menu bar, then hold the Option key to get the Library option to be visible in the dropdown - I think the rest was clear. This did correct the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

folder as in? were you using a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac and I was having the same problem while trying to save the PSD's to dropbox. I figured out what the problem was though, I had checked off the psd compatibilty option, I'm assuming that made the files incompatible with drop box. After resetting using the library feature as described above I fixed it. I had to watch this video though to help me figure it out: Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem.  I tried changing the settings folder name by adding 'Old' to the end, but it didn't solve the problem.  What I finally ended up doing (because this was a new file that had never been saved before and I didn't want to lose it) is this:  I opened a pre-existing file that had similar dimensions, and then copied all the layers from my new file onto the old file by dragging them from the Layers window.  Once I had all the layers placed on the older file, I saved it, and it saved with no problem.   I closed Photoshop and then re-opened it.  Because I had added 'Old' to settings folder name, it opened as though I had never used it before.  I was able to create a new file, then open the older file and drag the layers onto the new file and save it with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines