2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 8:17 AM by Araujo1502

Tattoo revealing on skin - how can I do it?

Araujo1502

Hi,

I'm new on After Effects and I'd like to know what is the best way to do an effect like this

http://vimeo.com/22396575

I have the tattoo art in alpha and a clip just like that (a sexy model in lingerie laying on a couch). What's the best way to make the art interact with her skin?

ps: My english is not very good, but I hope someone can understand what I want and give me a hand here.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Tattoo revealing on skin - how can I do it?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          1. Design the tattoo then reveal the design using animated mattes. See tutorials on animating a signature. It's the same technique.
          2. Motion track or stabilize your video.
          3. Put the tattoo on top of your video and use blend modes to sell the effect as ink on skin. Multiply would be a good place to start.
          4. Remove the stabilization and add the motion data to the animated tattoo layer or apply the tracking data to the animated tattoo layer
          5. Distort the tattoo layer using any number of distortion tools to match the contours of the body. Displacement map, Mesh Warp, Liquify would be good things to try.
          6. Add some masking to hide the parts of the tattoo that are covered by clothing or other body parts. Rotobrush may be a good place to start.
          7. Apply final color correction to the tattoo layer

Simple as that.

Here's a technique for stabilizing a shot, adding artwork to the shot, then removing the movement from the shot and adding the motion data to the artwork.

• 2. Re: Tattoo revealing on skin - how can I do it?
            Araujo1502 Level 1

Thanks, I'll try it!