1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 2:57 PM by Naveed_Alien_1

Update keeps failing.

Naveed_Alien_1 Level 1

I obtained my Photoshop from a school a couple or few years back. I believe they claimed the serial would work forever.

But the updates just stopped working. They all download fine in the Adobe Application Updates Manager but when it goes to install, I get an error message:

"Some updates failed to install.

The following updates were unable to install. If you wish to install these updates, please fix the problems below and retry:

Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 Update

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Photoshop CS5

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Contact Customer Support for further assistance."

When I click the Customer Support link, I'm taken to a webpage that says:

Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product" | CS6, CS5.5, CS5

Adobe upgrades and upsells require a qualifying previous product. If the upgrade or upsell installer can't find a previous product on your computer, it asks you to enter the serial number of a qualifying product.

Try the solutions in this document if you receive the error “This serial number is not for a qualifying product. Please try another” when you enter a serial number in the Serial Number Upgrade screen.

Can't find your serial number? See Find a serial number. "

Yet in Adobe Photoshop, under help menu, there is an option to 'Deactivate', so I assume the serial is fine.

I'd really like to update my products.

Please help.