1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM by A.T. Romano

extra file when saving

27sirena del mar

in Premiere Elements 10, when I save my video clips, I get an extra icon with the title I've given the clip in my video folder.  it looks like a piece of typing (or printing) paper with the right hand corner folded in.  I don't know what they mean or what they're used for and I would prefer they're not there.  how would I get rid of them?

Rosateresa

P.S.: in my day, I just turned 65, 8.5 by 11 paper was called typing paper.  I have no idea how it's called now.

• 1. Re: extra file when saving
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rosateresa

I think that you are looking at .xmp files which are informational files for the video files that they accompany.

To confirm, when you say "save", do you mean export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive?

Where are you finding these .xmp files - at the hard drive save location that you designated for your export or in the saved

:"rendered" preview files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder?

If these files are .xmp files from the export process, you should be able to delete them without affecting their companion video file.

ATR