0 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2007 12:02 PM by toofless

ArrayCollection / Binding question

toofless
      I've got this little application that basically handles help tickets. It uses the Cairngorm microarchitecture. Here's what I can't figure out:

I bring back from CF middle tier an array of all active tickets to the application and assign that result to an ArrayCollection. From that arrayCollection, I want to create different views, e.g. ourTickets, myTickets, etc, into the data - basically when a ticket gets updated, I want to update a single value object, refresh the main ArrayCollection, and then have the other ("sub") arraycollections automatically update on bindings. this main "tickets" arraycollection is a variable in Cairngorm's ModelLocator, and the "myTickets" and "ourTickets" ArrayCollections are public properties of their respective views.

What I can't figure out is how to apply filter functions on myTickets and ourTickets arrayCollections so that when the parent "tickets" arrayCollection is updated, the filter functions are applied correctly.

i've tried addEventListener(CollectionEvent.COLLECTION_CHANGE...) to each of myTickets and ourTickets (to call myTickets.refresh(), etc), but the event doesn't fire when the bound tickets arrayCollection is populated / updated.

Does this make sense? Any help much appreciated.