1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 11:12 PM by SausalitoDog

Can one subscription to lightroom 5 be available to my 2 different devices (laptop and main desktop)?

NikkiKatePhotography

Hi,

I want to purchase a subscription for Lightroom 5.  I am looking in investing in a better laptop in a few months.  I plan on initially downloading LR5 to my desktop but hope to download it to my new laptop later on.  Will this be possible?

Also, what subscription would you recommend for LR5 for a photographer?

Thanks!

Nikki

• 1. Re: Can one subscription to lightroom 5 be available to my 2 different devices (laptop and main desktop)?
          SausalitoDog Level 2

Yes, you are allowed to install it on your laptop as well, but can only use it on one computer at a time.

The issue you will have to resolve is how you will manage your catalog(s).

I store mine on Dropbox and can then access it from either mac..BUT you have to be quite careful that you allow dropbox to update the catalogs before shutting down one computer and launching it on another - not a problem, it works great but you need to be aware of this. The other solution would be to copy the catalog each time you plan on going off with the laptop or using separate catalogs (probably not a good idea).

welcome to the LR community - I've just been here for about a year myself and really have learned a lot from our friends here..

tom