3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2014 6:48 AM by A.T. Romano

adobe premiere elements 12

maureenc123

I get a message saying a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programe and notify you if a solution is available. It closes the programe and i cannot get back on to edit my video. ive re installed premiere 12 but still have the same problem.

• 1. Re: adobe premiere elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

maureenc123

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

What is your project preset that you or the program has set and what are the properties of your source media imported into the project's Timeline?

If you have any problems answering this question, I will assist you in finding the information which is important to understanding what is going on

in your issue.

How large is the project when the program insists on closing and what are you doing in the program when this happens?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" situation?

Can you start a new project and work with it without the problem that you mention?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details that you will post in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Typical drill questions would include

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

b. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as Run As Administrator applied?

c. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the

computer?

d. More, but I will save them for as indicated.

• 2. Re: adobe premiere elements 12
            maureenc123 Level 1

thanks for your help I dont understand a lot of the technical side but i got in touch with adobe live. they were fantastic and took control of my computer and fixed the problem. it seems when my lap top hard drive was fixed they did not update the graphics card!

• 3. Re: adobe premiere elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

maureenc123

Thank you for the news of the great job that you and Adobe did getting your Premiere Elements 12 issue resolved.

And, special thanks for including what was found to be the cause of the problem, the graphics card version. That information

will be helpful to all.

We are glad that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have

questions or need clarification.

Best wishes

ATR