6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 6:17 PM by Silly-V

i have problems installing tutorial builder

Bazhome

can someone direct me to the support for activating the Tutorial Builder in PS CC 2014 which is making program freeze and having to force quite

• 1. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
          Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Bazhome,

Thanks for reporting this. Which platform are you on? I downloaded Tutorial Builder on both Win 7 and Mac OS X 10.9 platforms, this extension does not freeze PS. In addition, please help to get CEP log for us to investigation, the instruction is as following:

1. Please change LogLevel key to 6 to create CEP log. The LogLevel key can be updated at the following location (The application should be restarted for the log level changes to take effect):

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.5

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.5.plist

2. Log files with useful debug information are created for each of the applications supporting CEP extensions. These files are generated with the naming convention as csxs<versionNumber>-<HostID>.log. For Photoshop, the log file is csxs5-PHXS.log. The platform-specific locations for the log files are as follows:

• Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/CSXS

Thanks!

• 2. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
            Zhihong Chen Level 1

One more question: How about other extensions under PS “Windows > Extensions” menu? Can they work normally? Thanks

• 3. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
              Bazhome Level 1

hi there and thanks for your assistance

The Platform is OSX V 10.9.4 but i’am not fluent with your comments regarding LogLevel Key, where and how i access this please, do i add this into terminal on mac. I think i need a novice level of instruction please.

Re your last email below i have attached a screenshot FYI as can view extensions and tutorial builder but program freezes when trying to install.

Barrie

• 4. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
                Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Barrie,

Following are the detailed steps to get CEP log:

1. Download and install Plist Editor (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14363/plistedit-pro); it is a tool to modify the *.plist file on Mac OS X;

2. Open terminal and input “open ~/Library/Preferences”; The “Preferences” folder will be opened in Finder;

3. Double click file “com.adobe.CSXS.5.plist”, Plist Editor will open it automatically;

4. Modify the “LogLevel” value from “1” to “6” in Plist Editor.

5. Restart PS and repeat your operations.

6. Input “open ~/Library/Logs/CSXS” in terminal; The “CSXS” folder will be opened in Finder;

7. Get the CEP log csxs5-PHXS.log.

In addition, could you please also take a screen record of your operations? I am not clear about description “can view extensions and tutorial builder but program freezes when trying to install”. Following are the steps:

1. Launch the application “QuickTime Player” in Mac application folder;

2. Select “File > New Screen Recording”. Click the red button to start recording screen;

3. Repeat your operations to reproduce this issue;

4. Quit QuickTime Player, and it will pop up a dialog “Do you want to keep the current recording?”, click “Keep” to save the recording. The recording file will be saved at path “~/Movies” by default.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
                  Bazhome Level 1

Hello there, just returned from short break and tried your instructions.

i did not complete the process due to error warning as described within the attached screen shot.

Thanks

Barrie

• 6. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
                    Silly-V Adobe Community Professional

Thank you for this answer, I was trying to edit my plists with text editors, which did not work. The plist editor did.