6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 6:17 PM by Silly-V

i have problems installing tutorial builder

Bazhome Level 1

can someone direct me to the support for activating the Tutorial Builder in PS CC 2014 which is making program freeze and having to force quite

• 1. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
          Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Bazhome,

Thanks for reporting this. Which platform are you on? I downloaded Tutorial Builder on both Win 7 and Mac OS X 10.9 platforms, this extension does not freeze PS. In addition, please help to get CEP log for us to investigation, the instruction is as following:

1. Please change LogLevel key to 6 to create CEP log. The LogLevel key can be updated at the following location (The application should be restarted for the log level changes to take effect):

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.5

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.5.plist

2. Log files with useful debug information are created for each of the applications supporting CEP extensions. These files are generated with the naming convention as csxs<versionNumber>-<HostID>.log. For Photoshop, the log file is csxs5-PHXS.log. The platform-specific locations for the log files are as follows:

• Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

• Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs/CSXS

Thanks!

• 2. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
            Zhihong Chen Level 1

One more question: How about other extensions under PS “Windows > Extensions” menu? Can they work normally? Thanks

• 3. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
              Bazhome Level 1

hi there and thanks for your assistance

The Platform is OSX V 10.9.4 but i’am not fluent with your comments regarding LogLevel Key, where and how i access this please, do i add this into terminal on mac. I think i need a novice level of instruction please.

Re your last email below i have attached a screenshot FYI as can view extensions and tutorial builder but program freezes when trying to install.

Barrie

• 4. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
                Zhihong Chen Level 1

Hi Barrie,

Following are the detailed steps to get CEP log:

1. Download and install Plist Editor (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14363/plistedit-pro); it is a tool to modify the *.plist file on Mac OS X;

2. Open terminal and input “open ~/Library/Preferences”; The “Preferences” folder will be opened in Finder;

3. Double click file “com.adobe.CSXS.5.plist”, Plist Editor will open it automatically;

4. Modify the “LogLevel” value from “1” to “6” in Plist Editor.

5. Restart PS and repeat your operations.

6. Input “open ~/Library/Logs/CSXS” in terminal; The “CSXS” folder will be opened in Finder;

7. Get the CEP log csxs5-PHXS.log.

In addition, could you please also take a screen record of your operations? I am not clear about description “can view extensions and tutorial builder but program freezes when trying to install”. Following are the steps:

1. Launch the application “QuickTime Player” in Mac application folder;

2. Select “File > New Screen Recording”. Click the red button to start recording screen;

3. Repeat your operations to reproduce this issue;

4. Quit QuickTime Player, and it will pop up a dialog “Do you want to keep the current recording?”, click “Keep” to save the recording. The recording file will be saved at path “~/Movies” by default.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
                  Bazhome Level 1

Hello there, just returned from short break and tried your instructions.

i did not complete the process due to error warning as described within the attached screen shot.

Thanks

Barrie

• 6. Re: i have problems installing tutorial builder
                    Silly-V Adobe Community Professional

Thank you for this answer, I was trying to edit my plists with text editors, which did not work. The plist editor did.