2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 4:54 PM by ukeeszymon

Is there a way to disable auto advance permanently?

ukeeszymon

Is there a way to disable auto advance permanently?

I know how to disable auto advance by clicking photo tab and unchecking auto advance, however I would like to have this feature permanently disabled. It really messes up my workflow!

It’s getting very frustrating to have to remind myself with each project to disable the function prior to commencing work. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Is there a way to disable auto advance permanently?
          Bob Somrak Level 5

The auto advance setting should be remembered between Lightroom sessions.  It does on my system  Lr5.5 OSX 10.8.5.   The shortcut for autoadvance is CapLock and if you have the CapLock key turned on when you open Lr it will turn auto advance on.  Turn CapLock off and make sure auto advance is off in the menu and then exit and reload Lr.  It should then be off.  If this doesn't work I would delete the Preferences file and rebuild it.  Maybe something is stuck.  I think READING the CapLock key on startup instead of reading the Preferences on startup is a bad design or maybe this is a random glitch/bug.  Don't leave my CapLock on so my testing was minimal.  Hopefully someone else will chime in.

• 2. Re: Is there a way to disable auto advance permanently?
            ukeeszymon Level 1

Thank you Bob! Never realized the caps lock was the culprit. You have seriously saved me lots of headaches. When I edit it's a quick selection process that involves pick and star rating, with auto advance, I always had the stars on the following image to the one that was picked, very frustrating! Thank you for your time!