2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 1:36 AM by fotoroeder

Why is it, that some pictures can not be deleted?

fotoroeder Adobe Community Professional

Why is it, that some pictures can not be deleted?

The external HD is connected, I did some development on a picture, I can see the picture

but I can`t move it to trash.

It says, I use a HD which does not support Trash. I can delete it completely.

Which HDs do support trash and why does a HD which supports everything else not support trash?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

• 1. Re: Why is it, that some pictures can not be deleted?
          brenh Level 1

This is how I solved it, thanks to combined information posted on forums:

1. Got a new external hard drive formatted for Mac (I was using read-only Windows from my PC)

2. Created a folder in new external drive >imported to LR->send to trash- empty trash

3. The above was still not working until I noticed one day magically the missing picture icon started to show up in LR

4. I went to the "set as rejected"pictures> locate missing pic (and nearby ones)

5. Selected the pics -photo>remove> delete from disk

Done!!!

Thanks to the hours spent on searching different threads, and to the relentless users because LR never provided any kind of support or formal response to solve this by just letting users to getting lost in frustration .

• 2. Re: Why is it, that some pictures can not be deleted?
            fotoroeder Adobe Community Professional

Das einzige, was hilft, ADOBE wußte das auch nicht, sollte es aber - es ist einfach und ich bin bestimmt nicht der einzige mit diesem Problem.

Wenn man die entsprechende Festplatte im Finder markiert, sich die Informationen anzeigen lässt ( cmd+I), kann man unter "Freigabe & Zugriffsrechte", nicht nur sich selbst, sondern mindestens auch "Staff" anklicken

und ermächtigen, sowohl lesen als auch schreiben zu dürfen. Da komme ich durch Zufall drauf.

Werkseitig sind die Zugriffsrechte auf den User beschränkt. Obwohl die Festplatte für MAC formatiert verkauft wurde.