6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 4:36 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...

Selchie

I have Photoshop 2014, and a Wacom Bamboo. Several of the shortcuts didn't work, I lived with it. Yesterday, I was trying to use the straight line tool, all sorts of crazy stuff started to happen. The screen froze, all my drop down boxes turned white, and my whole computer (a newish Mac) siezed up.

I contacted the 'Help Chat' who said this was a known porblem that Wacom was 'working on' and sent me a plug-in. I tried it, but I got a note on the screen saying 'Photoshop doesn't recognise the file.' I was told to turn off the computer and it'd be ok on start-up.

I did this. Same problem. I went through all the rigmarole again... 5 hours later, I was asked, 'Well - does your photoshop work? Can you use it?'

NO it doesn't and no I CAN'T!

I'm now facing another long day of going round in the same circles.

I have an Intuos 5 touch arriving today - do I send it back?

Is there another tablet that DOES work with Photoshop?

Do I cancel my Photoshop subscription on the grounds it's not fit for purpose?

My living depends on this - and as you can tell, I'm a tad stressed.

Thanks for reading this - any proper advice welcome.

• 1. Re: Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Apparently you take a liberal position when it comes to making generalizations …

Was this the plug-in?

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

I tried it, but I got a note on the screen saying 'Photoshop doesn't recognise the file.'

What does "tried it" mean exactly, what did you do with the file?

What are the Photoshop and OS versions?

• 2. Re: Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...
            Selchie Level 1

Hi. Thanks for replying.I wasn't aware I was generalising, I'll be glad to provide specifics if you tell me what you need to know, I have a chat transcript.

I am using Photoshop 2014.

Mac OS X 10.9.2

The plug in Adobe gave me is WhiteWindowsWorkAround, I put it into my applications> Adobe>plugin files as directed by Adobe. (The guy even took over my screen to make sure it's be done correctly.

The result when I try to open Photoshop (every time) is a PS note on the screen saying: 'Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.'

After several sessions with 'Help Chat' I was asked, 'Does your Photoshop work? Can you just use it as it is?' The answer is no to both questions.

Thanks again for your help.

Selchie

• 3. Re: Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...
              Selchie Level 1

BTW Adope Chat told me directly that Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible. They said 'it's a known issue that Wacom is working on.'

• 4. Re: Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 9
                BTW Adope Chat told me directly that Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible. They said 'it's a known issue that Wacom is working on.'

If Wacom and Photoshop were not compatible all Photoshop users with Wacom tablets would be affected, wouldn’t they?

To me it rather seems that some Wacom models and/or drivers cause issues with some Photoshop versions, not that "Wacom" is incompatible with "Photoshop".

I don’t consider that distinction irrelevant …

I just downloaded the plug-in and it caused no issues (Photoshop 2014.0.0 on Mac OS X 10.8.5) but showed up properly in the System info.

How did you receive the file?

Have you tried downloading it anew?

• 5. Re: Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...
                  Selchie Level 1

Hi again, I really appreciate your help.

This is what Adobe told me:

This is an issue

with the compatibility of Wacom Drivers, Will be fixed soon. Meanwhile

try after a reboot, You need to download and then Unzip the file, Then

put that under /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 /Plug-ins folder

They sent me a link, which I clicked on, opened, and followed the instructions. I have been sent the link two (or maybe three) times and downloaded each new link. I haveturned my computer on and off about four times. 

I think I mentioned the Adobe guys took over my screen and double-checked everything I had done.

I'm in the middle of a project. I've got pretty good equippment, I should be able to use it, not have to 'go round' commands that don't work and my computer freezing. At the moment, I have to close my file competely every time I want to get rid of a lasoo...

I'm very worried and a bit desparate, and Adobe don't seem to be able to help.

• 6. Re: Apparently Wacom and Photoshop aren't compatible...
                    c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Do you have any other plug-ins installed?

Have you also downloaded the plug-in from the link in post 1? (It may actually be the same as you got from Adobe directly but who knows …)

Sorry, but I can’t provide any more meaningful help on this issue.

If you are currently working under some deadlines I would recommend going back to Photoshop CC for the time being and coming back to the issue when stress has eased up.

Not a welcome or even a proper solution but sometimes one may have to decide between trouble-shooting an issue or just getting work done …