• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud issue on new Mac after using Migration Assistant.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new Mac and used Apple's Migration assistant to transfer everything from the old Mac to the new. Everything works with all apps except Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud states that some files are missing and prompts me to download and install Creative Cloud again. I do that and run the App. The app runs for a minute, acts like it's installing than I get the same error -- Creative Cloud is missing some files or some files are corrupt, please download and reinstall -- it brings me to the webpage to download it again. I'm stuck in this infinite loop!

The old Mac where Creative Cloud runs fine is a 15" Retina Display MacBook Pro. The new Mac is a 27" iMac.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

TonyTech in the future do not migrate/copy your applications from one computer to another.  You may still be able to recover however.  Please run all available uninstallers in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.  Once this is done please also use the CC Cleaner Tool at Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  Once the CC Cleaner Tool is done you can then try reinst

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TonyTech in the future do not migrate/copy your applications from one computer to another.  You may still be able to recover however.  Please run all available uninstallers in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.  Once this is done please also use the CC Cleaner Tool at Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  Once the CC Cleaner Tool is done you can then try reinstalling the Adobe applications included with your Creative Cloud Membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem and I have done all the above - removed all the adobe files, used the cleaner tool and deinstallation on MacKeeper, but I couldn't resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I fixed it with the help of Adobe Support, they said to navigate to utilities and delete "Adobe Application Manager" and "Adobe Creative Cloud" folders.Then download the Creative Cloud Desktop App again and install. This fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This finally fixed my issue. Thank you JamesGreen‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution got me the closest to working but didn't fix it.

I"m in the strangest loop. I too used the Migration Assistant and no Adobe apps work. None of the unistallers will even launch include the Creative Cloud one. I've tried installing a new version with no success and I just tried JamesGreen's solution. This seemed like something was going to happen but I ended up with the same ridiculous error message (while trying to install Creative Cloud) " Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to solve this problem but is missing or damaged. Please install Creative Cloud ... blah blah" with the primary action button being a link to the download that I'm running which brought this error message up. What?? The installer wants me to download the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay just ran through this with support.

A couple steps to add to what JamesGreen posted worked.

Delete:

Apps> All Adobe Folders

Apps>Utilities> All Adobe Folders

~Library > Application support > Adobe

Library > Application support > Adobe

Download a new Creative Cloud and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps someone else.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My process (via online chat with support) required some additional steps in Activity Monitor.  Here's the Adobe-support side of the chat transcript:

Mudassir: Please close the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

Mudassir: Please open a Finder window, click on Go > Go to Folder.

Mudassir: Then type as ~/Library/Application Support/ and press enter.

Mudassir: In there, please rename Adobe folder as Adobe_old

Mudassir: Now, open the Go to folder search box again, in that type /Library/application support/ this time and then click on Go.

Mudassir: Notice that this time it is just /library and the ~ symbol is not included.

Mudassir: Now, again rename Adobe folder as Adobe_old

Mudassir: Now, open the finder window and Press Command + Shift + U button.

Mudassir: It will open the Utilities folder, from there delete the Adobe Application manager and Adobe Creative cloud folder.

Mudassir: Now please open Activity Monitor from Utilities.

Mudassir: Then look for the below processes and end them one-by-one, if they are present:

Mudassir: 1. Creative Cloud

Mudassir: 2. CoreSync

Mudassir: 3. CCLibrary

Mudassir: 4. Adobe Desktop services

Mudassir: 5. Adobe IPC Broker

Mudassir: 6. Adobe Crash daemon

Mudassir: You can end the AdobeUpdateDeamon as well.

John McGrann: That's not quitting. Should I attempt to Force Quit?

Mudassir: Yes, you can try to Force Quit.

Mudassir: If it does not work, please ignore it. After sometime it will timeout automatically.

Mudassir: After this, please download and install Creative Cloud Desktop application using the below link:

Mudassir: http://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud/

Mudassir: Please click on Apps.

Mudassir: Also, you can delete the folders that we have renamed as Adobe_old under the below locations:

Mudassir: 1. ~/Library/Application Support/

Mudassir: 2. /Library/Application Support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  This is the correct answer?  Don't migrate your apps with Apple's Migration Assistant?  Maybe a better answer would be that we at Adobe are working on this issue and expect a fix on ##/##/#### (fill in appropriate date).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with JMaceW... instead of saying don't migrate Applications (which works beautifully for all apps not made by Adobe, FYI), how about Adobe makes the apps migration friendly?

Going to try and install it after deleting all the folders. So painful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines