4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 12:57 PM by mgroce@hwhrv.com

How do I convert a prel file into..

mgroce@hwhrv.com

How do I convert a prel file into a mp3, avi, etc. I am needing to upload the video onto youtube and the file is not compatible as a prel. I am using adobe premier elements 12.

• 1. Re: How do I convert a prel file into..
          kulpreet singh Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please got to publish+share, there you can select the option to export.

And then you can upload it onto YouTube.

Or you can directly upload video onto YouTube by selecting the option "Social Websites"

Thanks

Kulpreet Singh

• 2. Re: How do I convert a prel file into..
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has several Publish/Share links that will help

• 3. Re: How do I convert a prel file into..
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mgroce

Given you have Premiere Elements 12/12.1. (limit...2 GB 15 minutes, even if you have an extended time account at YouTube...the extended time account applies only to file uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site)

If your goal is to get a Premiere Elements 12 Timeline uploaded to YouTube, you have two possible routes....

a. Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube and your selection of the preset that matches your Timeline properties

or

b. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with one of the .mp4 preset to export the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive from where you upload it to YouTube at the YouTube Web site.

For best results, I would suggest an AVCHD.mp4 file instead of the "avi" that you mentioned. What is the video compression that goes with that "avi" wrapper?

As for .mp3, that is a audio file extension, what is your intent on that....an upload to YouTube with just music and with a black video display? YouTube strictly enforces any copyright issues, so please assure that there are none associated with these .mp3 otherwise YouTube will remove them.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if you have the information that you sought.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I convert a prel file into..
                mgroce@hwhrv.com Level 1

Thank you for all the help, I ended up using the Publish+Share option mentioned by kulpreet singh, next time I will try uploading it as a AVCHD.mp4 mentioned by to see if the process will be faster. Again thank you for the information.