7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 8:04 AM by Brett N

Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.

gallerygallery

Uploads using 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.  Have used successfully for years but recently this hiccup began occurring.  Only one of multipage gallery loads, image links send to home page.  Have reinstalled, confirmed FTP settings, run Disk Utility permissions all to no avail.  Basically can't use the web module anymore.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
          Brett N Adobe Employee

Have you tried resetting Lightroom to default settings by recreating the preference settings file?

• 2. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
            gallerygallery Level 1

Thank you Brett, I hadn't thought of that.  I tried recreating the settings pref file but no luck.  It will be a useful fix at some point I'm sure though.  I think my problem has to do with a "Collections" bug, some work and some do not.  Unexplainable.

• 3. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
              Brett N Adobe Employee

What "Collections" bug would that be?

• 4. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
                gallerygallery Level 1

My apologies Brett for not responding sooner, very inconsiderate of me, I was traveling for the past month.  Regarding my continuing problem uploading web galleries from the Collections section I should clarify how the problem manifests itself.  In Web module, a collection is selected, upload preset info (password, etc) is confirmed, upload button is hit and the activity monitor flies along for a time and indicates task completed as expected.  When I then go online to view the posting the first page appears fine, but when I click any thumbnail for enlargement or the forward arrow for the next page I am immediately sent to the totally irrelevant first link on my site's home page.  This happens, frustratingly, 95% of the time.  I have recreated the preferences plist, repaired permissions, restarted, refreshed, reinstalled LR 5.6, exported a Collection and converted all (270) files to same JPEG format and size in new folder which was imported into LR under another name.  I have tried every end run and hoodwink I can think of to no avail.  This is Collections "bug" I referred to.  I am using Mac OS 10.7.5, Fetch 5.7.3 and the site was built with Wordpress.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• 5. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
                  Brett N Adobe Employee

What happens if you preview the Web Gallery? Does it behave the same way? Or what about Exporting it to your desktop?

It sounds like the HTML isn't working right, as though the URL for the link you are clicking is invalid somehow and the default behavior is to return to the homepage, or something along those lines. You can always look at the HTML code and see if it is the correct link to verify.

Also, I don't see what this has to do with Collections. Or does this only happen when you've selected a Collection to designate the content of the Gallery and if you select your images by some other method things work correctly?

• 6. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
                    gallerygallery Level 1

Preview works correctly, Exported to desktop works correctly, uploading still does not.  It does sound like an html issue although I am not a code person so I don't really know what I'm looking for.  I did compare the components of successfully posted web galleries with the exported files of the web gallery that did not post successfully, and they match generic title for title.   Collections may not have anything to do with it but it is the only way I can order a series of images and maintain that order in a web gallery - I have not discovered other ways of doing that.  So still a mystery.  Thank you for your sustained interest Brett.  I am away for the weekend so will not be able to reply/respond until next week.

• 7. Re: Uploads from 5.5 web module incomplete and erratic.
                      Brett N Adobe Employee

The exported version and the uploaded version should be identical. We'd want to check the source code of the web page to check things out. Is this web gallery publicly available? Can you post the URL here so we can take a look?