2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 5:53 PM by likemovies

Install PE 11 over PE 9

likemovies Level 1

Hello All,

I have been using PreE and Photoshop Elements 9, and it's been great. I've decided to go to PreE 11 (and PS 11) for a little more tweaking ability with exposure and white balance. I've done a search but was unable to come up with anything specifically going from PreE 9 (and PS 9) to PreE 11 etc. Do I run both concurrently first then uninstall 9? I use the Organizer pretty heavily so I don't want to make a mistake. I am running Windows 7. Any advice or caveats appreciated. Thank you!

• 1. Re: Install PE 11 over PE 9
          A.T. Romano Level 7

likemovies

Bottom line: You shutdown your previously installed 9 programs and install, one at a time, Photoshop Elements11 and then Premiere Elements 11. After all of that is done, then you convert the Elements Organizer 9 catalog in Elements Organizer 11. I can supply step by step on that if necessary.

Details:

Photoshop Elements 9, Premiere Elements 9, Photoshop Elements 11, and Premiere Elements 11 are each standalone products.

Elements Organizer 9 will come with the 9 products and Elements Organizer 11 will come with the 11 products. When you have Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 on the same computer they share the same Elements Organizer 9 catalog. And, when you have Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 11 catalog. The latter is true even if all 4 are on the same computer.

You can leave the 9 products installed on your computer, and install the 11 products. But, you use one program at a time before and after the installations.

What if you have items in the Elements Organizer 9 catalog that you want to be used in the Elements Organizer 11 catalog when you have your 4 programs installed on the same computer? The answer is that you convert the Elements Organizer 9 catalog in Elements Organizer 11. The original 9 catalog is still there for the 9 products, but Elements Organizer 11 is using a converted version of the original 9 catalog. Thereafter what you do in 11 is reflected in 11 and not in 9 and vice versa.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above information. If any questions or need clarification, then please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Install PE 11 over PE 9
            likemovies Level 1

Thanks for a terrific and detailed answer, and also anticipating any future confusion. This helps tremendously. I'm going to save my current catalog then install the new products. I'll probably hold the Version 9 products for a while to make sure all is well. Thanks again.