3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2014 9:56 AM by SFnLS

Remove border from a custom preset

Ziji Man Level 1

I created a custom preset in Lightroom. It has the same border in the preset as seen in the photo below.

I want to keep the preset I created, however I definitely don't want the white border to be on all of my photos.

How can I remove only the white border? I have searched and can't find any option to remove the white border. I have some photos I need to finish fast and this has put the brakes on everything. Please help.

Thank you!!

Captur3e-5.jpg

• 1. Re: Remove border from a custom preset
          SFnLS Level 1

Check down at the bottom of the adjustments panel. Looks like the preset has Post-Crop Vignetting turned on. Click the little switch icon in the upper left corner of that section and you'll turn off vignetting.

PCV Panel.jpg

• 2. Re: Remove border from a custom preset
            Ziji Man Level 1

Thank you so much, that solved the problem!!!

• 3. Re: Remove border from a custom preset
              SFnLS Level 1

You're welcome. Hope your photo processing goes well for you.

The Post-Crop Vignetting panel is worth some experimentation time. You can really achieve a wide range of effects by manipulating the sliders.

Solid black or white borders come from Amounts of -100 or +100, and the rounded corners on the preset you showed, as well as the width of the 'border' come from the Midpoint and Roundness sliders. The feather at 0 is what made the edge sharp.

In any case this adjustment is a way to get a simple border inside Lightroom without resorting to taking the image out to something that understands layers like Photoshop or other applications that let you stack a border on top an image layer.