3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2014 2:42 PM by titanserivces

How to remove 'ripple' caused by vibration

titanserivces

Hi,

Fairly new to editing in Adobe CS. But I am having problems with one of my clips, and I just cannot figure out a solution.

I fly a multicopter with a gopro moounted. Today I had to use a 'backup' drone of mine that occasionaliy give me video with a ;ripple' caused by vibration from the props. Usually I just cut out the video that has this ripple, but the video I have now has it all, and I cannot figure out an effect, or fix in either Premiere Pro or After effects to clean it up.

An example of this is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqH_dZDsCIM

Youtubes compression makes it looks worse than it really is, but you get the idea of the problem.

Help please.

• 1. Re: How to remove 'ripple' caused by vibration
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Okay I am deleting me first response because I didn't look at your video, I just assumed, and assumed incorrectly that you were talking about rolling shutter problems. The flicker you are seeing is caused by lens flare because you have no lens hood and the sunlight is coming down through the props. There's a great deflicker plug-in that will probably fix your shot.

Flicker Free: Deflicker Time Lapse, LED flicker, and Slow motion

In case you're wondering about what I said before, I had assumed that your problem was caused by Rolling shutter problems. The best way to solve rolling shutter problems is to shoot a high frame rate then run warp stabilizer or a rolling shutter repair plug-in. There are several to choose from.

• 2. Re: How to remove 'ripple' caused by vibration
            titanserivces Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure if I agree with the sun coming through the props. 

I say this because even in cloudy conditions with this particular UAV, I still have similar problems.  And it also comes and goes.  Balancing my props will go a long way to helping, but the video is already shot.  I was shooting at 60fps @ 1080p resolution, which is the best I am able to do. 

Thanks for the plugin suggestion, I will try it out now and see how it works out. 

• 3. Re: How to remove 'ripple' caused by vibration
              titanserivces Level 1

Hi Rick, thanks for the awesome suggestion. 

Flicker Free plugin worked beautifly.  There is no more flicker and I now I don't have to go back out to shoot it again!

Thanks!