3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 1:11 PM by Blayde

Adobe Flash to youtube with sound.

Blayde

I got flash to accept sound files using actionscript3 but when I export it to quick time through Adobe media encoder neither the wav or mp4 play sound in quick time, where did the sound go?

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash to youtube with sound.
          Blayde Level 1

I noticed that flash doesn't export any sound format other than wav, I am able to get several formats to to play when I test in browser but I can't get anything to export to desktop with sound, not even wav, I suspect I am not getting the right settings in media encoder, even without media encoder the sound files aren't exporting out of flash. 

• 2. Re: Adobe Flash to youtube with sound.
            jennifer xi

I'm having the same exact issue. My swf file has sound, however when I export as .mov it has no sound. I couldn't find the solution, so I used Premiere Pro to combine both files (audio and .mov files).

• 3. Re: Adobe Flash to youtube with sound.
              Blayde Level 1

OK, I got this one, once the sound is in the timeline, click it in the timeline, go over to properties/sound go down to sync change it from event to stream. For me this fixed it, it plays in quicktime, later I will test an upload to youtube but I believe it will work. It was hard to find a tutorial that gave me this information, I must be using flash in an odd way (I'm a novice).