1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 4, 2014 4:23 PM by Brett N

Late 2013 Macbook Pro

GCoughlin

I need to update my notebook and I am considering the late 2013 Macbook Pro. The base model has the Intel Iris Pro Graphics card and at $1999, I am not looking to drop an extra $500 for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. I will be mainly using inDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, but I may want to use some of the 3D features in Photoshop CC (2014). Is the Intel Iris Pro Graphics good enough?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

• 1. Re: Late 2013 Macbook Pro
          Brett N Adobe Employee

The system requirements for using 3D in Photoshop are where you must have a good video card. The card must have 512MB of VRAM or you won't have access to any 3D features. I don't know much about this model of computer and the page doesn't give much information on the Iris, but generally, when we talk about Intel, we are talking about a chipset as opposed to an actual video card, which means it has 0MB of VRAM and thus would not work. It would lack any video processing power as it would be sharing resources with the rest of the system. If you really want to work with 3D, you'll need to shell out the extra money to support that type of work, not all computers can handle it.