7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 10:47 PM by Falsken

how to clear error code u44m1p34?

Falsken Level 1

I cannot clear error code u44m1p34, when trying to update Adobe Extension Manager CC Version 7.0.0.347.

Removing and trying to do a clean install fails with the same error. Turning off all virus and firewall protection fails to clear issue.

Exit Code: 34

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s)

FATAL: Payload 'Adobe Extension Manager CC_7.2_AdobeExtensionManagerCCAll 8.0.0.15 {CD7B9A52-1FD4-4845-A950-A86BD27DEA06}' information not found in Media_db.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adobe support had me Create a new account, then rewrite Msconfig.exe to limit services and reboot. Then launch Photoshop and select update. That returned the same error. Problem has been on going for a week now, with no solution to be found. Support fails to list Adobe Extension Manager CC so, there isn't anyway to contact support and Chat fails to fix issue. Spent several days trying to fix issue now and very disappointed in Adobe Support at this stage. This is limited to one of 4 computers with this issue. Nothing clears to allow the update to complete. Problem seems to be in the Adobe code where the link to the Media_ DB is lost and the update cannot complete, due to no media files being found. Downloading AdobeExtensionManagerAll.zip or AdobeExtensionManager-7_2_1-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip and running them by first removing the Adobe Extension Manager CC and then running un-zipped files end with same error.

System: Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i7 cpu, 16 mb ram, Nvidia Geforce 670 w/4mb ram, Norton 360

• 1. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
          shuo_yang Level 2

Would you please send install log and PDapp log to exman.beijing@gmail.com for further analysis?

Install Log –

Navigate to the log files in one of the following folders:

Windows 32 bit (XP, Vista, 7): \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

Windows 64 bit (XP, Vista, 7): \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

Mac OS: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

The log filename includes the product name and install date, followed with ".log.gz." The extension .gz indicates a compressed format. 

PDapp.log –

Navigate to the PDapp.log file in one of the following folders:

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp

Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Temp

Mac OS: Users/~/Library/Logs

• 2. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
            Carl Sun Level 4

After you unzipping AdobeExtensionManagerAll.zip, could you find Media_db.db under <unzipped-folder>\payloads folder?

• 3. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
              jim.gregor

I have been trying to solve this problem for a week. I cannot update Extension Manager from version 7.0.0.347. I get error code U44M1P34. I have tried to uninstall Extension Manager and reinstall but NEVER any success. Today I made the HUGE mistake of calling Adobe and talking to one of their reps. She sounded like a nice lady and APPEARED to know what she was doing. I let her "remote" to my computer and she tried several things that I knew would work. RELUCTANTLY I let her rename some folders (2) and I tried to write them down. One was AAMUpdater and the other was Media(something). Nothing that she tried worked and then she disconnected via telephone!

I renamed the AAMUpdater.old back to AAMUpdater but can't find the other file renamed. Now I cannot uninstall Extension Manager and CC Desktop says it's up to date which is BS,

I think all my other Adobe Apps are OK but I'm concerned.

The moral of the story ... don't let an Adobe rep modify your system unless you KNOW that he/she knows what they're doing .... MINE DID NOT!

• 4. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
                Falsken Level 1

Tried to run install again it returned the same error.

Exit Code: 34

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s)

FATAL: Payload 'Adobe Extension Manager CC_7.2_AdobeExtensionManagerCCAll 8.0.0.15 {CD7B9A52-1FD4-4845-A950-A86BD27DEA06}' information not found in Media_db.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Downloaded AdobeExtensionManagerCC file.

Contents of Adobe Extension Manager CC within the Payload directory:

Folders in this order:

Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)

Microsoft VC 2008 Redist (x86)

AdobeAPE3.4-mul

AdobeExtensionManagerCCAll

AdobeExtensionManagerCCAll-250614214549

Microsoft VC 2005 Redist (x86)

Files and sizes from same Payload dir.

Media_db.db   2,124kb

Media_db.sig  2kb

Setup.xml

It seems that the db files is there, just bad coding on Adobe's part and the lack of support is preventing a solution.

• 5. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
                  Falsken Level 1

Why write in error codes, if no one knows what the error code means or knows how to fix it?

• 6. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
                    Carl Sun Level 4

The error code 34 means "Payload information not found in Media_db", just as the error message.

Please refer to Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 to solve this problem.

• 7. Re: how to clear error code u44m1p34?
                      Falsken Level 1

What this does is destroy all Adobe Software and After-market Plug-ins by completely removing them and clearing the system registry.  Into week 6 now with this problem and still no fix. Last Phone into Adobe Support had me remove Several folders from system and destroyed all Adobe software and plug-ins. Folders were: C:/Programs/Adobe, C:/Programs86x/Adobe. C:/ ProgramData/Adobe. After which Adobe CCleaner was run and system rebooted. This removed all Adobe products from System. On reinstalling only CC and CC2014 products were reinstalled, CS5.5 and CS6 products were lost and all After-market Plug-ins, some of which were mode locked and they cannot be reinstalled. The kicker is Adobe Extension Manager Failed to update and still returns error code u44m1p34.

The AdobeExtensionManagerCCall.zip file did contain Media_db file, but this install failed as well and returned same error code.

I have made 9 phone calls to Adobe Support, 9 chats sessions and several e-mails. All of which ended in complete failure to fix problem error. A little over 19 bad guesses by Adobe Support Staff. I have 6 weeks of failure by Adobe Support Staff. Who up to this point have only been making bad guesses as to how to get Adobe Extension Manager CC to update and clear Error Code u44m1p34.

The solution you offered failed to clear the error code or update the program.