4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 12:02 PM by A.T. Romano

Saving project as MP4 file or .mov file

kevinbwatkins Level 1

I want to burn my finished project as a DVD but my burning program needs it to be in a .mov or MP4 format. Can I save my project as such??

• 1. Re: Saving project as MP4 file or .mov file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kevinbwatkins

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Did you produce a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc? If, DVD-VIDEO, was that DVD-VIDEO standard 4:3 or

DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9?

For now, assuming Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and assuming that you want the file to reflect the resolution

of the DVD-VIDEO (presumed widescreen in this example)

for the .mp4

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 NTSC DV Widescreen - using default export settings

for the .mov

Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime with Presets = NTSC DV 16:9 - using default export settings

With details, we can fine tune what you seek.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Saving project as MP4 file or .mov file
            kevinbwatkins Level 1

Thanks for the response. Actually, what I need to do is to save the file to

my harddrive with a MP4 or .mov extension. I need it saved with this

extension so that I can burn it to a DVD using Nero Burning Rom software.

Is there a way to save the project file as a MP4 or .mov file??

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:53 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Saving project as MP4 file or .mov file
              kevinbwatkins Level 1

I forgot to add that I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 11.

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Kevin B. Watkins <

• 4. Re: Saving project as MP4 file or .mov file
                A.T. Romano Level 7

kevinbwatkins

Thanks for the reply.

The project file is the project.prel. You cannot change the project file (project.prel file) into a project.mp4 or project.mov file.

But, what is possible is to export the Timeline content of that project.prel file to a file whose format has a .mp4 or .mov file extension.

For Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, I would suggest

for the .mp4

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 NTSC DV Widescreen - using default export settings

for the .mov

Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime with Presets = NTSC DV 16:9 - using default export settings

If you have a HD source on your Timeline and your destination is a DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc, you forced into the

properties of the DVD-VIDEO product, namely 720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (with 16:9 flag stretching

the 720 x 480 to 856 x 480 for display after encoding).

But, if you have a HD source in this project that just produced the DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc, you can opt to export

a file with the same resolution as the DVD or export to a file with a resolution comparable to the HD source. Please clarify and

we can fine tune the suggested export setting accordingly.

Thank you.

ATR