2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 11:47 AM by wrgould

Why won't Lightroom 5.5 open after installation/update?

wrgould Level 1

Why won't Lightroom 5.5 open after I completed the installation/update?

This morning I started to do the new updates that are available through the Creative Cloud. The first two updates went well, but when I finished the Lightroom update I discovered that I could not launch the new version through any of the multiple way to open it. Below is an outline of the steps I took this morning to do the updates.

1.  Updated Creative Cloud to Version 1.7.0.413.  The update seemed to take forever, but finally completed and opened.

2.  Updated Photoshop CC by clicking on the "Update" button in the "Installed Apps" section..  Status now shows "Up to Date" and software opens normally.

3.  Updated Bridge CC by clicking on the "Update" button in the "Installed Apps" section. Status now shows "Up to Date" and software opens normally

4.  Installed Lightroom 5 (v.5.5) by clicking on the "Install" button in the Find New Apps" section. Status now shows "Up to Date" but software will not open.

Note: I had v. 5.4 installed prior to the update, but the Lightroom "Update" button was no longer available in the "Installed Apps" section after updating Creative Cloud (see step 1)

I have tried rebooting the system to no avail.  I have tried opening Lightroom through the desktop shortcut, both by double clicking on it and right clicking on it and clicking open. I also tried to open it through Start >Adobe Lightroom 5.5 64 bit.

Now that I've done the update I no longer have access to Lightroom 5 v.5.4 either. This means that I no longer have anyway to access and work on my Lightroom files.

PLEASE HELP!  This update has shut me down!

WRGould

PS:  I am running Windows 7 64 bit