9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 6:31 AM by A.T. Romano

My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.

starroute Level 1

I recently acquired  Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12.  I made a slideshow in Organizer, and followed the Manual's instructions on how to proceed to get the slideshow to a dvd.  I get a drop-down from Premiere telling me I need Premiere Elements to do the task, and do I want get it from a dvd or try a trial version.  If I wasn't so frustrated and mad I'd think this was funny.  Can anyone explain what's wrong?

Thank you,

Norm.

• 1. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you install both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements?

• 2. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
            starroute Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I had a great deal of trouble, both downloading and installing Elements 12 and Premiere Elements - I had to get help from Adobe.  Then they had trouble doing the same; several of them had to be involved.  So, something may have been done wrong along the way.  One thing which may be a clue, I can access both products, but when I try to open Organizer while in Premiere Edit I get no response.

The problem happens when I try to get a slideshow from Organizer to Premiere so that I can put the slideshow on to a DVD.  As I said in my Forum request, If I wasn't so mad and frustrated I'd think this was funny.  I'm IN

Premiere Elements and it gives me a drop-down saying I need Premiere to proceed and do I want to try get a trial copy.  (I'm new at all this...)

- Norm.

• 3. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
              Barbara B. Level 7

There are very few Premiere Elements users in the PSE forum, so I'll move this over to the PRE forum for you. You'll get better help with this there, I think.

• 4. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Norm

Am I understanding correctly that you question really is not answered correctly even with Adobe intervention?

If you want, we can go through this step by step just to make sure that nothing is taken for granted. So, please excuse and do not take offense if you have been there and done that as we proceed.

1. You recently acquired Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12. How? Via disk or online download from Adobe? Are you sure that you have Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 and not some other combo of Photoshop Elements products, like Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 12? A mismatch of versions can cause the type of problem that you are having.

2. If you go to Control Panel/Installed Programs, do you see entries for both Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12?

3. In the Elements Organizer presumed 12, how are you outputting your slideshow to Premiere Elements 12

a. Burn to Disc (DVD)

b. Edit with Premiere Elements Editor

4. You wrote

One thing which may be a clue, I can access both products, but when I try to open Organizer while in Premiere Edit I get no response.

What is the present situation...

a. Can you go back and forth opening and closing the Elements Organizer 12 and Photoshop Elements 12 Editor?

Depending on your answers and confirmations, we may next

a. Delete the Elements Organizer 12 and Premiere Elements 12 Editor settings files.

b. Create a new catalog for Elements Organizer 12.

I will be along shortly with details after I view your reply to the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Norm

Continuation of Post 4....

If you have Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on the same computer, then these are some of the basic rituals

1. Elements Organizer.

Deletion of the Settings File named psa.prf

Local Disk C

User

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you disable by renaming from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD or delete.

Creation of New Catalog

File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager

2. Premiere Elements 12 Editor

Deletion of the Settings File named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs and the Whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists

Local Disk C

User

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole

12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete paths cited.

ATR

• 6. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
                    starroute Level 1

My thanks to Peru Bob for transferring the matter, an hello to you A.T. Romano.

I'll respond to your first memo.

You understand correctly that I'm can't fully use Elements 12 or Premiere Elements 12, even after help from Adobe.  Several people at Adobe worked on the problem(s), the last being a Supervisor, and it appeared I was finally "up and running".  Then, I came upon the current problem.  Two case numbers were involved: 0185568696 and 185597498.  In answer to your question 1, I was sent an email from "storemanager@dobe.com" providing two product serial numbers and instructions on how to download the products. I couldn't get the downloads to run to completion, thus I called Adobe.  Second question:both Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 are listed in my Control Panel's Programs and Features list.  Question 3: I did the slideshow in Elements 12 Organizer, then went to Premiere 12 Edit and clicked Add Media; the slideshow images all appear and  I selected them, then selected Project Assets, and the slideshow appears on the timeline.  I'm not doing any editing, so select Publish + Share, and choose DVD.  A pop-up displays and I complete the entries, most being left as is.  When I select to burn is when I've been getting the drop down with the message stated in my first Forum access.  Today, however, when going through the steps so I could answer your questions, when I select Pub&Share and get the pop-up, a warning on it says No burner.

I went through the procedure again and got a message Disk not present.  Again and again one or the other of these messages with my successive attempts.

Then it started burning!  When done I played the dvd back.  The images were there but not the titles/comments.  The user manual on page 61 says: create a slideshowin Photoshop Elements 6.0 or later... with captions ...and titles...Import the slideshow into Premiere Elements to edit further or burn a dvd..

It must be tiring for you to have to read all this, and I'm sorry for that. Will try to follow your outline of steps I can take to check on the status of Premiere on my system, and get back to you.  I'm a neophyte at all this, so It will take me some time

Thank you for your patience,

Norm. 

• 7. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Norm

My first just in case message...this is not Adobe, just user to user. And, I am a Elements Windows user with an overactive troubleshooting gene and know the frustrations and successes of the Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements problems. I never give up and encourage the same. I also encourage lots of details no matter how many. So, I appreciated your last post and was looking for more even after the last sentence.

If you have a troubleshooting scheme going with Adobe, then best work through it with its representatives and supervisors so that we all do not work a cross purposes. It would be interesting to learn why Adobe had so much trouble getting your program installed, but....

You said that when you ended your troubleshooting session with Adobe everything was working. At the present time, is Premiere Elements 12 functioning as a video editor when the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor slideshow is taken out of the equation? Example, can you open a Premiere Elements project, import media into it, edit the media, and export it as a file saved to the computer hard drive or as burn to disc?

I will wait for your next report about the outcome of your Adobe troubleshooting session(s).

ATR

• 8. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
                        starroute Level 1

ATR, thank you for you Note.  I will try to get another session going with Adobe support this afternoon, and following whatever results ( I have spent several hours with them already, prior to going to the Forum), I'll update this communication.

- Norm.

• 9. Re: My Premiere Elements 12 tells me I need Premiere Elements to put a slideshow on to dvd.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Norm

Good plan. After that, if necessary, we can decide what next.

When you write again, please indicate if you installed the programs from an installation disc or from installation files downloaded from Adobe.

Thanks. Looking forward to your results.

ATR