6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2014 10:51 AM by RickyLACA

Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?

cdelari

I have Adobe CC (2014), Adobe CC, and Adobe CS6 programs loaded on my comp. Does Adobe CC (2014) have all the tools and capability of its predecessors, or will I be losing anything if I delete the older two versions of each program?

• 1. Re: Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?
          hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello,

one part of your question is discussed there: What’s the Difference Between Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) vs. CS6? | ProDesignTools. To compare CC and CC2014 please use the detailed description of Adobe's website.

Hans-Günter

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?
            steverchapman

In addition, if one has Adobe CS6, Adobe CC, AND Adobe CC (2014)...should these others be uninstalled...??

• 3. Re: Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

CC 2014 does not support Flash for extensions and some plug-ins may need to be rewritten by the plug-in developers.  If you find that PS CC 2014 does everything you want and nothing that was removed is important to you then you can uninstall the older versions.  If you need your older plug-ins or extensions then don’t.

Here is another article that talks about what was removed:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2014/04/photoshop-spring-cleaning.html

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?
                RickyLACA

I have more basic questions, re: Adobe CC vs Adobe CC 2014 software.

I stumbled into CC 2014 via my normal CC Updater, which prompted me to install both an update to an Adobe CC product as well as a full install, apparently, of the "same" product but the CC 2014 version.

Prior to this happening, and continuing to happen with many other Adobe CC products I have installed, I NEVER received any communications from Adobe, regarding what in the Adobe world is going on!

The legitimate questions, at this point are,

(1)  "Are the Adobe CC 2014 versions of ALL CC products fully REPLACING the prior CC versions?" and if "YES," then                                                                  

(2)  "Are we supposed to UNINSTALL the prior CC versions (as they really are taking up hard-disk space on our systems), and if 'YES' then how is that easily accomplished?"

A clear, concise set of statements as explanation and direction for users, to address these seemingly MAJOR changes in Adobe software products, which may also then mean that there will be NO further development and/or support for the prior versions, is mandatory.

If such an Adobe issued explanation/direction/guidance exists, then please point me, and multitudes of other users, in that direction.

I thank the Adobe community, here, for any help you may send my/our way.

• 5. Re: Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?
                  David__B Adobe Employee

Hi RickyLACA,

You asked:

(1)  "Are the Adobe CC 2014 versions of ALL CC products fully REPLACING the prior CC versions?" and if "YES," then  

I would say yes to this, the CC 2014 is a new major release and intended to fully replace prior versions. But like mentioned by others previously, there might be some caveats to consider:

- Learning curve, with each major release are new features and changes. If you are comfortable and working in a prior version and use it regularly, you might want to maintain both versions until you're sure the latest release suits your needs as far as your typical use
                  - Third party plug-ins, actions, add-on's, scripts, etc. These are often version specific, if you regularly use any of these, you'll probably need to reinstall them and ensure they're compatible with the transition to the newer version

- Active projects, if you are in the midst of working on projects its often best to finish them in the product they were started in versus migrating them to a new version midway. This may not be required in all cases but its often a good idea

- Access to prior versions for working with others/clients, you may have clients that haven't upgraded to the latest release and need to have access to the older version in relation to working for/with them

These are all just examples and things which wouldn't apply to everyone, but things you might want to consider.

(2)  "Are we supposed to UNINSTALL the prior CC versions (as they really are taking up hard-disk space on our systems), and if 'YES' then how is that easily accomplished?"

There is no requirement to uninstall the prior version. Prior versions can be kept as long as you like. Once you are ready to remove older versions it can be done by running the uninstaller

Mac OS

1. Open Finder and go to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers
                  2. Double-click an Adobe product to uninstall
                  3. Follow on-screen instructions

Windows

1. Open the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features
                  2. Choose an app and click Uninstall/Change
                  3. Follow on-screen instructions

Hope that helps,

There is some general info about the 2014 release here: Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud / Common Questions

Best,

- Dave

• 6. Re: Adobe CC (2014) vs. Adobe CC vs. Adobe CS6?
                    RickyLACA Level 1

Dave,

Thanks x10^6 for your prompt and straightforward response.

It was great help to me in evaluating as to whether or not to remove the older versions, and also in understanding what in the world Adobe is doing.
                    Wish Adobe sent out a simple "heads up" message ..... would've been nice!

Again, thanks for your insight and help!

==Ricky