2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2007 11:59 AM by LateNightMovies

Prevent browser caching

LateNightMovies
      Hi, I have a SWF which gets updated data from my server using Loadvars every few seconds. I want to retrieve the data but not store the page in the browser!

Right now it stores each page instance... hundreds of them... (since each url is unique eg.: page.asp?param=# ).

My ASP page uses browser cache preventing headers (eg. cache-control, expires)... and this works perfectly if the page is simply called in the browser (= page is not cached).

But when the same page called inside Flash using Loadvars - it always stores the page in the cache.

Has anyone else noticed this and been smart enough to figure out what's going on, or a solution?

Please help, thanks
        • 1. Re: Prevent browser caching
          Level 7
          LateNightMovies,

> Has anyone else noticed this and been smart enough to figure
          > out what's going on, or a solution?

Please don't cross-post ... it makes things more difficult for the
          people answering questions. Just imagine if someone else came along here
          and spent twenty minutes working on a thorough reply, only to find that an
          answer already exists in your duplicate post in the General Flash forum?
          That's time that could have been spent helping someone else. ;)

David Stiller
          Adobe Community Expert
          Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
          "Luck is the residue of good design."

• 2. Re: Prevent browser caching
            LateNightMovies Level 1
            Sorry... please disregard this post - this question is posted in the General Forum.

A solution has still not be found - so if you're aware of one, please post a reply in the other forum.

Thanks kindly,