7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2014 5:16 PM by A.T. Romano

Preview not updating

SoaringChris

I'm using Premier Elements 10 and last night I encountered a strange bug causing the preview window to not update. I;m currently working on a project that's dependent on syncing this with music which is highly difficult if I can't see things in real time. If I click the preview window it will show what is at the location of my cursor in the timeline, but hitting play or moving the cursor bar does nothing and it always shows the exact same frame.

• 1. Re: Preview not updating
          SoaringChris Level 1

Update: It seems video playback fine, but key-framed images do not.

• 2. Re: Preview not updating
            A.T. Romano Level 7

soaringchris

What computer operating system are you running your Premiere Elements 10 and what is the video card/graphics card that the computer uses - NVIDIA GeForce?

If so, please read the Announcement regarding the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue which forces the user to roll back the card driver version in order to get Premiere Elements 10 to work (typically a display issue). The Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce matter is detailed for description and fix.

Please review and then let us know if this is a factor in your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Preview not updating
              A.T. Romano Level 7

soaringchris

Since it is an important troubleshooting point, for your convenience, I am doing a copy/paste of the Announcement at

the top of this forum which details problem and how to fix for the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ __

Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are a Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card and you are experiencing

Premiere Elements 10 display and/or unexplained program behavior, then your first line of troubleshooting needs to be rolling

back the video card driver version instead of assuring that it is up to date.

Since October 2013 to the present, there have been a growing number of reports about display and unexplained workflow

glitches specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer has a NVIDIA GeForce video card. If this applies

to you, then the “user to user” remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce video card driver as far as is necessary to get rid of

the problems. The typical driver roll back has gone back as far as March – July 2013 in order to get a working Premiere

Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has taken any corrective action in this regard to date, and none is expected moving forward.

Since October 2013, the following thread has tried to keep up with the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA reports

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

A February 2014 overview of the situation as well as how to use the older NVIDIA GeForce drivers for the driver roll back

can be found

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Preview not updating
                SoaringChris Level 1

Thanks for telling me this, I have never had this issue before last night, and I've always used a NVIDIA card, unfortunately for me rolling back is out of the question before updating I was having many issues with other programs all of which work fine.

• 5. Re: Preview not updating
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

soaringchris

Thanks for the reply.

What NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card does your computer use? This Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce is a very specific issue. Any chance you have a NVIDIA non GeForce card?

We do not want to paint all with the Premiere Elements NVIDIA GeForce issue if other factors may be involved. But, as you can tell from the history on this, your situation appears to fit into the problem's profile.

If you have NVIDIA GeForce, any chance (without messing up your present computer environment) of a temporary driver version roll back to confirm the issue and the potential fix?

As I said, the problem has not been reported in other Premiere Elements version using a NVIDIA GeForce.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance. We can explore other troubleshooting paths, but we may be circling the issue if it is the NVIDIA GeForce, no workaround found for this in all this time.

There was only one in all of the reports who said that he/she deleted the BadDrivers.txt file to overcome this situation. Never confirmed by another. If you want to try that....

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. A new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated by the program once the program is reopened but by then the problem should be gone. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden FIles, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Preview not updating
                    SoaringChris Level 1

My card is a Nvidia GT 555M

• 7. Re: Preview not updating
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

SoaringChris

Thanks for the additional information.

Did you get a chance to try the BadDrivers.txt file deletion?

If you ever do look at the driver version roll back on a permanent or temporary basis, please let us know the outcome. Based on the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce history, right now I am thinking that the driver version roll back is your answer to getting Premiere Elements 10 to work for you.

Best wishes

ATR