4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 12:46 PM by VDRAVES

Sony AVCHD conversion software for import to Premiere Elements

VDRAVES Level 1

I am testing out a Sony HXR-NX3 camcorder.  Planning to use it for wedding videos so I'm looking at the color and low light capabilities.  When I copied the footage from the SD card to my PC then dragged the files into Adobe Premiere Elements v10 I noticed the sound did not come along.  After some research, I found an article that stated:  "In order to edit Sony HXR-NX3 60p MTS files smoothly, the easy workaround is to use 3rd-party to rewrap and convert 1080 60p footage a more "editable" format."

Here is the link to the article:  http://www.brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-hxr-nx3-footage-to-adobe-premiere.html

I filmed in 1080/30p (not 60) but apparently it has the same issue.  I also read that the Sony needs special software to combine files (>2g) that it split during recording and also if you are trying to combine files that crossed SD cards.

I found three possible pieces of software and wonder if anyone has a recommendation.

I am running W8.  Adobe Premiere Elements 10. Footage shot at 1080/30p 17mps.

Sony Content Management Utility (which requires the physical camcorder to activate).  I could only find v1 online.  (Camcorder is a rental.)

Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter

Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac (not sure this will work on Windows OS)