3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 7:14 AM by A.T. Romano

I bought a copy of Premier Elements on the Apple App store last year.

edmc Level 1

The program will not start on my machine but I cannot re download as it is no longer on the app store what can i do?

• 1. Re: I bought a copy of Premier Elements on the Apple App store last year.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

edmc

What did you purchase from the Mac App Store last year - Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor or Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Quick Editor. From all reports that store has discontinued them. Many serious performance problems were encountered with those particular products from that store.

There is a source of Premiere Elements 11 Mac files online at a particular web site, but they relate to Premiere Elements 11 Mac (from Adobe) which is a different product than the one that you have. Consequently, you cannot download those files and insert your purchased serial number in it.

But, I would ask you "Did you not save the installation files from the store to your computer?" If so, what is stopping you from using those for the reinstall after you uninstall what you have installed now? Did you ever get a purchased serial number from the Mac App Store?

We can offer workflow troubleshooting advice, but getting additional installation files would appear in the hands of only the Mac App Store.

Have you optimized your computer, cleaned up pile ups of previews files, conformed audio, conformed video. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere

Elements Pref file, and so on?

We are not Adobe here. User to user. Because of the situation, I do not believe Adobe will help you in this matter of installation files since

a. purchased from the Mac App Store

b. not the current version besides being a different product than its Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

You could contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to find out first hand. I am not including that link right now because at this moment it is offering only the "Ask the Community" option and is not providing a link to Adobe Chat.

Please review and consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I bought a copy of Premier Elements on the Apple App store last year.
            edmc Level 1

Many thanks for your detailed reply ATR. 

The version I bought from the App Store is Adobe Premier Elements 11 Editor. 

From what I can see it is not compatible with the version of OS X  I am currently running (10.9.3 - Mavericks.) 

I booted my machine up from a clone copy I made of my previous OS X installation (10.7.5 - Lion) onto which I installed my copy of Adobe Premier Elements 11 Editor when I purchased it from the App Store and it is running fine on there.

This will be my work around for now while I decide whether or not I can survive with iMovie or I need to buy PE 12 which should run on Mavericks.

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Ed

• 3. Re: I bought a copy of Premier Elements on the Apple App store last year.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Thanks for the follow up.

Definitely go the free tryout of Premiere Elements 12 Mac from Adobe when you are ready to consider it as your video editor.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. But, I have seen many a report from Premiere Elements 12 Mac (Mavericks) user who

have struggled with Premiere Elements 12 installation.

When you have the time, please update us with further developments on using Premiere Elements Mac.

Thanks.

ATR