• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2014 freezes frequently and crashes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading from Premiere Pro CC to Premiere Pro CC 2014 my projects crash in regular intervals, which didn't happen before.

All my settings and presets have been pulled across fine, but suddenly relatively slim projects get stuck during editing, rendering or exporting. The progress bar stops, the preview screen freezes and that's it. I can only radically crash the sucker. I did delete all preview files and it improved marginally... only that the time until it froze took a few minutes longer.

I'm on 64bit high-end Windows 7 machine and have never had this problem with previous versions of Premiere Pro.

Very frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 247 Replies 247
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree going to cs6 this cc 2014 is bad not ready

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - seems to be something w/ my system. Tested the exact same project on a different machine and it rendered absolutely fine.

Is there a crash log I could look at or submit here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, but on a brand new top of the range Mac Pro with all the trimmings.

I can only edit for about 3 minutes before the program monitor starts to freeze up, after which there is nothing that can be done so I have to force quit Premiere and re-open. This is wasting a lot of time and is embarrassing when you try to show a client the project and it keeps locking up. If anyone has a magic solution for this I'd sure like to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem. Any fixes since you posted this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Windows 7 64bit, 32GB / Quadro K4000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PP CC 2014 - constant freezing then crashing. I've spent hours on the phone with Adobe today and they have had remote access twice. All to no avail. Still freezing, still crashing, can't edit, clients getting frustrated, losing money, ADOBE SORT IT OUT!?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - what ever I try to do (even open a text page!!) brings up the dreaded spinning wheel for a minute minimum at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. PLEASE fix this, Adobe. I've been through the threads on trying to revert my current project back to the original CC just so that I can complete it, but have had no success with that either. This project is now two days past the deadline because of this EXTREMELY frustrating crashing issue. It is officially affecting my business and that is not cool, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisVarner28405 If you are still having issues getting your project to CC, you might try an AAF export. I was able to get my sequences from CC2014 to CC with some success. When the prompt to use legacy or embed audio appears, I left both options unchecked.

Basic transitions and audio gains seemed to carry over as well as most clips. I don't know how intricate your sequences are and how this might affect other effects in your timelines, but it could be helpful to explore.  I would also suggest making a reference video from your timeline in CC2014 so you can compare your current CC2014 cut against the imported AAF in CC.

I've experienced a lot of crashing, too, but it seems to be something I can work around for the time being.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Adobe should be embarrassed about this upgrade.  Thinking about going to Edius.

So trying to figure it out myself I tried making a new user account and starting PPcc2014 from scratch.  It seems to be be working, I have re-imported all of my footage that wouldn't work prior and now seems to play OK.  Although it's early in my editing session, I'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me too.  Running windows 8.1 on a high spec machine and GT760 graphics card.  Product is totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem on a new Mac Pro top of the range... I'm editing now with my Macbook pro retina with CS6 because it's quicker and more stable than CC or CC 2014, they should give the money back to the clients really, this is totally unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues!!! I'm really disappointed!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with CC 2014.  Cannot make even simple edits and changes without the system locking up or freezing.  I am BEYOND frustrated.  Adobe needs to provide a conversion tool so we can seamlessly revert backwards.  THIS situation is untenable!!!

My system is good, Windows 7 64 BIT OS, Intel I7, Dual GeForce GTX 660 TI processors, 16GB RAM.

I had not had ANY problems before until this latest update and now I am essentially dead in the water.  I keep reading on the forums about this situation but cannot find any response from Adobe.  Their product help process seems to be just to throw the book at it.  Do anything and everything!   I have followed most of those suggestions to no avail.  I have deleted and reinstalled the product.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new user account (win7) and solved my problems. You might try that.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making a new user account. I di and it fixed my problems.

Edwin O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here.  After a few years of virtually no problems at all using CS 6 and the first version of CC, the new 2014 CC is an utter disaster.  Adobe must have rushed it out.  I use 2 different systems.  At home I have a quad core iMac 3.4 ghz i7 with 32 GB of RAM and two thunderbolt drives (1 RAID, 1 standard drive) running OS 10.8.5.  I also have a 2012 Macbook Pro with quad 2.6  ghz i7 and 16GB of RAM running 10.9.2. Adobe CC 2014 runs poorly on both of these systems, independent of each other. I have CONSTANT crashing and freezing on both and they are very different systems. It happens so much the program has become essentially unusable to me.  After I finish my current project I will be deleting it from both systems and returning to the first version of CC.  I'll check back next year when Adobe figures things out.  They did a pretty bad job with this release.  What a mess it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nightmare. Has really set me back. Even with all the permissions set to read write it's still unstable. Of course this is the week I'm keying greenscreen with a dynamic link to AE, color correcting, and 8 layers of sound. Just shoot me. Good to know its not user error.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you, man.

I run a boutique creative agency out of Los Angeles.  We are working on a HUGE project for a very high profile client (about as high profile as it gets).  I have 3 different editors working on this project.  We updated to Premiere CC 2014 before we took on this job because we were going to be editing 6K Red Dragon footage. Normally I would NEVER update a system before testing it out, so part of this is my own fault.  However, since the Red Dragon is a relatively new camera, we wanted to use the most up to date editing software out there so we wouldn't have issues with the new Red files.  What a mistake that was.  Not only do my two personal systems at home experience constant crashes and freezes, but the editors we contracted to help with this work are also experiencing issues.  One of them cannot export their edit for the life of them.  My systems crash and freeze almost every 10 minutes, sometimes every 2 minutes, and sometimes in between individual edits!

I am editing 6K Red Dragon files along with a mix of random footage as b-roll (numerous different codecs).  I thought that maybe the system was having a hard time mixing all these different codecs together in the same sequence so I transcoded everything to Pro Res.  That didn't do anything.  The new software just sucks.  It's a bad build.  And I am going to throw it away as soon as I get through this nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lord that is terrible this is C300 footage and my machine is tanking. What is up with Adobe.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robot Fist,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Many people, including myself, are not experiencing issues like this.

Are you running OS X Mavericks? If so: Have you checked the preference folders and made sure they're set to Read/Write? fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | After Effects region of intere...

Do you have CUDA installed mistakenly?

Is this a brand new project or one you updated?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how you can say "many people aren't having problems like this" when this thread is full of different people with different configurations having problems like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent easily 5 hours over 3 calls with tech support. They've remotely accessed my machine, updated CUDA, fixed all permissions, etc. etc.

Last tech said he had "no knowledge of any issues w/ PPCC2014", (I laughed out loud and directed him to this thread) & no idea why I was having so many crashes. That after it crashed twice on us while he was remotely on my machine. He witnessed it, read the crash report and had NOTHING to say other than that "It really should be working, best of luck to you."

It isn't. Apparently I am fresh out of luck.

I'll try a new user account. Then download PPCC, then it will have to be off to FCPX.

Client has been incredibly patient but is beginning to tire of delays and excuses. I don't blame them one bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines