6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 2:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere 9 won't open

Ierochka

Hi,

I'm having problems all of a sudden with Adobe Premiere 9. The welcome screen opens, then when I click on ''open project'' or ''new project'' it doesn't open. I was using it a minute ago and it crashed and closed, then when I tried to open it again it wasn't working anymore. I re-started my computer but it still won't open. I don't get any malfunction messages, nothing, it just doesn't open. The only place I can go is in the organizer.

Can someone help me with that problem?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere 9 won't open
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A crash MAY have corrupted your preferences file

Reset Corrupted Preferences = Press/HOLD Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting program

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere 9 won't open
            Ierochka Level 1

Thanks John but thats not working. Nothing is happening.

I also tried to update Element 9 and Quicktime, made more place on my hard disk and cleaned it but the problem remains.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere 9 won't open
              A.T. Romano Level 7

lerochka

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 running on? For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Have you looked at the problem with and without the antivirus and firewall disabled?

If you want realistically to delete the settings file, then please do the following

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

App Data

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (setting file) that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Are you confirming that you are running the program as the 9.0.1 Update. If not, please download and install the 9.0.1 Update from the following Adobe link rather than from a project's Help Menu/Update.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

Make sure that you are running Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and latest version QuickTime from User Account with Administrative Privileges and also have Run As Administrator applied to the desktop icon for the program.

If all else fails, do another uninstall/reinstall, but this time

a. uninstall (the usual Control Panel route)

b. ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

c. reinstall with antivirus and firewall disabled

Also, if you are assured that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the manufacturer of the card, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. A new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated when you open Premiere Elements again but now the problem will be gone. Same comment about Folder Option as with Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere 9 won't open
                A.T. Romano Level 7

lerochka

Add on to my post numbered 3.

Make sure that you do not have pile ups of preview files, conformed audio, and conformed video on your hard drive.

Preview files...default location...Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0/Adobe Premiere Elements Previews File Folder.

Conformed audio...default location..same as preview files, but see Media Cache Files Folder in 9.0 Folder.

Conformed video..see Edit Menu/Preference/Media and the Media Cache Database there for Clean button and path to actual

conformed video (.mcdb) files.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere 9 won't open
                  Ierochka Level 1

Allright,

Uninstalled and re-installed, it's working.

Thank you!

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere 9 won't open
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

lerochka

Magnificent news. Congratulations on your success. Great job.

There have been a lot of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 problems lately especially related to

cannot open and uninstall/reinstall. So, your follow up information will be a great help to all in these Premiere Elements

9.0/9.0.1 situations.

Best wishes

ATR